584,860 active members*
5,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pulse/test not firing

I have sh-g350 50w laser machine. It was working fine but today when I press pulse button it will not fire at all, unless I set max power to 20% or above! It cuts and engraves even at 10% power otherwise. Makes no sense to me... I tried pulsing at 10% and 15%, nothing, at 20% pulsing burnes with high power (makes a hole) so im sure tube is good...

Re: Pulse/test not firing

this is correct. or rather repeatable behavior on both chinese machines that i have. with settings below ~20% there is not enough energy to light up the discharge in the tube.
    my lowest setting to reliably fire the laser is 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by agrasyuk View Post
    this is correct. or rather repeatable behavior on both chinese machines that i have. with settings below ~20% there is not enough energy to light up the discharge in the tube.
    my lowest setting to reliably fire the laser is 25%.
    Thanks! Thats intersting. But it worked just day before, I was able to pulse at 10%. It also works when I cut from the program, just not when I press button manually...
    Still interesting information, that explains why I was never able to engrave with power less than 10%

50-60W laser MUST start at 10%. If not, you have a problem.
    First switch machine off and check HV connectoN cables between PSU and laser.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Well, I got it working again. Now Pulse button works even at 10%. Anyway I noticed that recently my red laser pointer started to get super hot, like it was shorting or something. For some reason I thought maybe these two problems somehow related, so I was able to disconnect red laser from 5V rail of power supply. After that everything started to work again. Or maybe it was just coincidence. I don't know how that might affect laser, after all tube has it's own power supply. I think PSU that was powering red laser also powers controller so maybe it was messing up something. I don't know. It works for now at least