585,754 active members*
3,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Looking for lexan cover for my Mini Mill

Looking for lexan cover for my Mini Mill

I am needing to get the cover for my Mini to hopefully cut down on evaporation and contaminates getting into the coolant. Haas has quoted me $1250 for a new one.

If anyone has one they are not using I'd rather not buy one brand new at retail. I'm located in south mississipi but can travel somewhat nearby to pick it up.

I'm not sure if they changed over the years but mine is a 2011 model.

Re: Looking for lexan cover for my Mini Mill

Damn Dude! Use your own skills and make it better than the haas one, and put the change back in your pocket. Shouldn't cost more than $ 4/500! You could even put a planter up top to keep the air fresh. Now if you JUST have to have the Haas cause it is a Haas.....

Come on now! That's not much help. "http://www.webmachinist.net"
    www.WebMachinist.Net
    The Ultimate Online Source for Machinist Related Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by LeWhite View Post
    Damn Dude! Use your own skills and make it better than the haas one, and put the change back in your pocket. Shouldn't cost more than $ 4/500! You could even put a planter up top to keep the air fresh. Now if you JUST have to have the Haas cause it is a Haas.....
    Its not that I can't or wouldn't like to. There is only so much time in a day and my time is more valuable working on other projects than this one.

Wasn't talking down. Cause I do know time is money but 15hundred.....geez last time I looked it was around $500.

Sorry. A guy had one for about six months on the Inland Empire Craigslist. I've searched ever since you posted this thread and it's never been relisted. He either gave up or sold it.
    Greg

Thats ok, thanks for checking on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalZilla View Post
    Come on now! That's not much help. "http://www.webmachinist.net"
    Locktech's post was a legitimate suggestion to the OP and certainly more help then your reply which was nothing more then a cheap attempt at promoting your own site.

Ken

It took me about three hours to make a few aluminum brackets and cut and install a flat polycarbonate cover on my first MiniMill; the formed cover was not available back then so I did not save myself any money. If the cost now is $1250 I would have saved money at the rate of $416.66 per hour, minus the material cost; I sure wish the time I spend working on other projects was more valuable than this.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    I sure wish the time I spend working on other projects was more valuable than this.
    LOL, good point Geof.

Do the thermoformed covers just not come with Minimills? I bought a Superminimill in 2008 which came with the cover, but then a regular minimill in 2011 and it didn't have it. I always assumed it was only included with the SMM due to the faster spindle (or something) but have always wanted another one for the regular ole minimill...