585,888 active members*
4,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

RFQ - Small CNCed aluminum part, batch of 50

I'm looking for a RFQ for a small part that I would like CNCed. I have attached a zip file with the Solidworks part. If you would like a different format, let me know.

I am looking to get a batch of 50 done, with more possibly in the future. Material is aluminum.

They would be shipped to Victoria BC Canada, postal code is V8M 1M3 if you would like to include a rough shipping estimate. A local shop quoted me CDN$1200 for all 50 (which works out to $24 each), so I am looking for something lower than that.

If you would like more info, please post questions. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    FS: Complete Z-Axis Assembly with THK RSR15WM slide, leadscrew, stepper mount. PM for more info.

Attached is a PDF drawing of the part for those that can't open Solidworks part files.
    FS: Complete Z-Axis Assembly with THK RSR15WM slide, leadscrew, stepper mount. PM for more info.

I revised the drawing to add radius to the small intersections. As per the drawing, this radius can be defined by the tooling you wish to use, as its dimension is not important.

Some people have asked for more info on tolerances and surface finish, so here goes:

Tolerances of +/- 0.005 should be more than enough, and surface finish is not important on the outside profile, only on the inside bore, so the outside could be simply roughed, and the 4 holes simply drilled, no reaming/boring required. As for the main bore, a good finishing pass would be adequate. This is just for a car shifter mechanism, and they are based around factory dimensions.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions. Thanks everyone!

Can you provide a step or iges format of the solid model?

Please send to zcases<at>frontiernet<dot>net if possible.

Thanks
    Scott

Enraged, Your PM box is full. I couldn't respond to your question. Please email me at the address I gave you in my first pm.

JP

PM box cleared, and I will post an IGS file when I get home from work.

my email is t.harcombe at shaw dot ca

heres the igs file

would you be opposed to a uk firm making these as i have a haas super mini mill with no work for for a week or two.

you have a p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by daleman View Post
    would you be opposed to a uk firm making these as i have a haas super mini mill with no work for for a week or two.
    Are you aware of the shipping cost from the UK to Victoria, B.C. Canada and the brokerage charge for Customs clearance?

geof,

you might try sending that e-mail again... except this time try sending it to daleman ... i didn't quite understand the reply i got & think you may have meant to direct it somewhere else.

just my 2 cents...

...let the local guy do the job.

sent you a quote via e-mail
    Mike
    [email protected]
    www.hessemachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by j-radkemachine View Post
    geof,

you might try sending that e-mail again... except this time try sending it to daleman ... i didn't quite understand the reply i got & think you may have meant to direct it somewhere else.
    Considering that I never sent you an email it is difficult for me to send it again or send it anywhere else.

Small CNC Machining

I can do your CNC machining here in Canada, just reply back to me at [email protected]

sorry geof,

your name was on the e-mail... ??? must have been a mistake.

Sent you a quote via PM!

PM sent.:rainfro:

Email sent, thanks. Let us know when you award the job....

Page 1 of 2 12