585,967 active members*
4,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Buyer Beware: Rabbit Laser USA Warranty

Purchased a Rabbit Laser from Ray Scott last February. It was a used machine, but I paid FULL PRICE for it so that it would come with a 1yr warranty. From day 1, table was not level, doesn't cut a perfect circle, etc. That's OK, I cut aesthetic parts only. Power supply died on day 2 and I had to drive down to their office to get it replaced (They would only replace it if I sent it back to them, and then after they checked it they would send out a new one). The machine began to have issues with drifting, as well as the laser would start before reaching the cut and end before it was supposed to (This meant all my parts had 'tabs'). Over the course of 6 months, it was like pulling teeth to get help with the machine. We had purchased 2 other machines from Ray. All chinese machines have issues, I know that, but we purchased this machine from Rabbit Laser specifically because he was 1hr away and could assist in issues under this warranty. He begin to not return phone calls. No answers to emails. Finally I had enough and called him out on it, which he was not happy about. After having to pay him $400 to come fix the laser only an hour away, I get an invoice for the parts. I thought that was interesting as I have a full 1yr warranty. I call to figure it out and am told this:

-Rabbit Laser's 1 year warranty ONLY covers non-electrical parts. They specifically told me that means it covers things such as "Door hinges and wheels". Just so everyone here is aware: The 1yr warranty on a Rabbit Laser does not cover the power supply, the motors, or the controls. When I asked about my power supply that died after 2 days, they said they were just being generous in replacing that for free. My machine is still riddled with issues and at this point no one will return (or answer) my calls.

I just wanted people to know this story. I'm sure there are those who have had good experiences with Rabbit Laser, but after 5 years and 3 lasers purchased through them, I simply cannot recommend them anymore. The competition is much better now than 5 years ago. We purchased a 4'x8' Boss Laser. It had an issue 2 weeks in (The tube was having major issues). They FLEW someone out to fix it within a week. Between companies like Boss, and the easier availability getting a machine direct from China, I think we have a lot more options.

Re: Buyer Beware: Rabbit Laser USA Warranty

That's a shame, I know first hand how it feels (Not from Rabbit Laser though)
    I've been on this planet a long time and still tend to "trust" and take at face value what someone tells me, this just cannot be done any more, it's a hard lesson to learn and a difficult mindset to change.
    Business practices, even from long time vendors are changing, becoming more deceptive and omitting facts that would otherwise put a negative view of their product or service.
    One cannot cover all the bases but don't be lulled or swayed into a false trust in what you are told, get it in writing and do your homework.

Hope you can get it working again, I'm going to try again as well now that warmer weather is here and the room the laser is in is at a workable temperature.

Ken

Hello DLDude, this is Nolan from ThunderLaser, thank you for sharing this story with us.
    it is ridiculous to hear that 1 year warranty doesn't cover the electrical pars...as we know, if there is something wrong with the machine, mostly problems happen in electrical parts...if it really doesn't cover these parts, they should tell you in advance.
    anyway, I think you have a bad experience with Rabbit laser. Now you really have many choice, maybe you also can share your good experience with other good laser machine will user in this forum.
    below is our website, even though you are not our customers, welcome to ask me for help if you want to know more about laser cutter.
    Have a nice day.
    Thunder laser cutting and engraving systems - Cutting, Marking and Etching Machines

That's horiable thanks for sharing. I was almost going that route but couldn't get over the shipping price. On there website it said that a tech wasn't needed on the small machines but that wasn't the case. Hope you can get every thing situated.

Oh man, really sorry to hear your story, jinan really have too many bad machines. But there are still exist many good company which produce good quality machine and provide good service. What we do now is to find the best suitable CNC machine company for our customers and offer the best service, we have to do it better, because it's the base of our exist. If you don't want to suffer more bad services please just consult us.

Welcome!
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd
    Office 1401, Building B3, Wanda Plaza, Economic & Technology Development Zone, Wuhan, China
    Tel:400-027-1897 Fax:027-84618501
    Mobile: +86-15527861820(Whatsapp Available)
    Web:www.eetomachinery.com
    E-Mail:[email protected]

Hi I'm happy I found this. I contacted Rabbit yesterday to find out about buying a Laser from them. I haven't gotten the e-mail quote yet. After seeing this I believe I'll pass them by and keeping on looking. I wish there was an easy way to import one from china. Thanks for posting

While I don't retract a thing I've said in the previous post.................
    There are always two sides to every story, while I've never dealt with Rabbit laser they have a good reputation from reading on other forums and for being straight forward and helpful. I would not hesitate to purchase from them but as mentioned, get the full story up front and in writing, that's not being un-trusting, just good business and protects both sides.

Ken

Ray can be VERY helpful. I truly do believe he wants the best for his customers. That being said, he's been a one-man-show and it causes problems. Every laser we have purchased through him has a table that isn't level. We purchased a RL1290 first, and it had drifting issues. He didn't know what the problem was... so we had to wait months before he could come down and fix it. The only other option was to send back various parts, have him test it, and then send him another. Again, BOSS laser flew a guy up and had our laser fixed in a week. Our second machine was a QX1290. I was told the two were the same machine and could interface with each other. Well, nope. Different controls. None of our 300 programs on the first laser worked on the 2nd, so we have to set them all up a 2nd time. I understand if we simply did not understand the two were different.. but we straight up ASKED him if we were going to have issues, and he said we wouldn't. Of course, that laser's table was not level and it also had a drifting problem.

Over time the relationship between our company and Rabbit Laser had become a bit sullied, I will admit. Perhaps we expect too much, but I think a level table is really a simple thing to do. We've had so much trouble over time that we became extremely frustrated with the quality of the machines AND of the service we received. Finally, with this last laser, we had many of the same issues (Table is not level, power supply died, etx). In fact, the laser tube that was put in it was from October 2012 (The machine was purchased Feb 2014). I check with RECI and they do not recommend leaving laser tubes sit that long and selling them as 'new'. Rabbit, of course, denies this and said the tube is perfectly fine. Maybe it is, but from all the research I can find online, laser tubes had shelf-lives and when I'm paying full price for a machine, I'd prefer to get a tube that isnt 1.5yrs old.

I will fully admit that the relationship between our company and Rabbit Laser is not a happy one. I do think, however, I can look through this situation with clear glasses. We bought a very expensive machine from BOSS laser and have had almost no issues, and when we did, they have gone well above and beyond what we expected. That leads me to believe it's not OUR company that is the problem. It's Rabbit Laser. The warranty thing is really just a good example of them not standing behind their product in a way I feel a company should. Again, results may vary. We make a super complicated part. Maybe a Rabbit Laser works great for someone cutting acrylic circles once or twice a week. We have owned 3 of their machines over 5 years and if we could go back and select a different laser, I think we would have.

Dear biomed,

Glad to see you made the right choice, in fact if you have found a factory in Jinan, you should be very very careful, because 90% cnc company in jinan are low level. If you want to get a easy way to import from China, why not to choose a professional company help you do this? What our company do is help our company get the best CNC machine suitable for them and introduce the right factory for them, if you have interest please view our website or send email to me, you will get fast and well response for free.

Best&Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd
    Office 1401, Building B3, Wanda Plaza, Economic & Technology Development Zone, Wuhan, China

Quote Originally Posted by biomed View Post
    Hi I'm happy I found this. I contacted Rabbit yesterday to find out about buying a Laser from them. I haven't gotten the e-mail quote yet. After seeing this I believe I'll pass them by and keeping on looking. I wish there was an easy way to import one from china. Thanks for posting
    Dear biomed,

Glad to see you made the right choice, in fact if you have found a factory in Jinan, you should be very very careful, because 90% cnc company in jinan are low level. If you want to get a easy way to import from China, why not to choose a professional company help you do this? What our company do is help our company get the best CNC machine suitable for them and introduce the right factory for them, if you have interest please view our website or send email to me, you will get fast and well response for free.

Best&Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd

Thank you I will concider your offer, what are your charges to import this type of machine?
    Biomed

Quote Originally Posted by gnapple View Post
    Dear biomed,

Best&Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by biomed View Post
    Thank you I will concider your offer, what are your charges to import this type of machine?
    Biomed
    Dear Biomed,

Glad to recieve your reply. Comission from customer is not our main profit source, because we only ask for 1%~3% comission according to the total amount of your import product, amount bigger and commision lower. Our mainly profit comes from the factory we introduce to you and the service you want us to offer. Also you can think about this: We will introduce you the solution you want, and if you don't satisfied with our solutions, we'll offer our service for free.

Best&Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd