584,805 active members*
5,153 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Chinese CNC Routers. Problems??

OK it looks like i may end up being a pioneer in Australia for chinese built routers, especially this one http://www.dkj.cn/eproshow.asp?sort_id=00020001
    It's called a CX-6090 and it's cheap as chips so i am not expecting super performance or quality from it (US$3200 total cost including shipping to my nearest port in Australia). I'd really like to know if anyone else has bought one or something similar and what were the problems. I have been in two minds about buying a table/gantry Locally or imported then fitting motors and controllers or just building from scratch. But when i found this little guy i thought 'well what the hell' It's practically turn key stuff.
    I have read some of the thread http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=laser+marking
    and it's mainly based on laser markers and the main gripe appears to be with the software.
    But alot of you guys have been retrofitting the X3 and other asian mills and lathes without much hiccup from what i can see.
    So please correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure i've made up my mind.
    By the way it looks like member: wklaser is advertising this machine also

Looks like a great machine and well made. Keep us posted.

I hope so. I'll let you know

Have you seen this thread? The machine shown in your ad looks a lot like the one from this thread. The eBay listing is no longer active but trust me - it looks like this one.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14558

ESMAE

Where in Australia are you? As I have one of these routers !!(if you have been to the link previously posted, you will know of my machine ) maybe we can chat drop me a PM

Smile

OK I got one. She's a little Beauty. I went with a different machine from a manufacturer that's been around for 10 years the machine's called an XHS6090 and the manufacturer is exitech. All up in Australian dollars i paid less than $5000 and it comes with everything. The controller is very simple to use and the software is all i need (type3). The only problem i have had is the english interpretation in the manuals, but you figure that out pretty quickly. I have nothing but praise for these guys. The router is ten times better than i expected. the chassis is absolutely indestructibly solid cast aluminium. Spindle, steppers, wiring, t slot table, Ball screws, Anti backlash, bearings, rails, controller all fantastic stuff (so far as i know). I could have possibly made one this precise and neat for the money i paid, but i didn't have the time or the proper motivation.
    And the support is perfect. Almost the same time zone and i have spent well over ten hours on messenger discussing (before i purchased it) specifications and quality, then (after i purchased) machine setup, software etc also having to speak with the head engineer at one stage. But the girl I have had the most contact with is always extremely eager to help and nothing is ever a problem. Anyway rant over.

sh-cnc.com
    Ask for Elaine
    I'm not being paid for this, i'm just one very happy customer.

Scott
    Vital Image Graphics
    Toowoomba

Well it sounds like you got exactly what you were after. Let us know how everything plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmae View Post
    OK I got one. She's a little Beauty. I went with a different machine from a manufacturer that's been around for 10 years the machine's called an XHS6090 and the manufacturer is exitech. All up in Australian dollars i paid less than $5000 and it comes with everything. The controller is very simple to use and the software is all i need (type3). The only problem i have had is the english interpretation in the manuals, but you figure that out pretty quickly. I have nothing but praise for these guys. The router is ten times better than i expected. the chassis is absolutely indestructibly solid cast aluminium. Spindle, steppers, wiring, t slot table, Ball screws, Anti backlash, bearings, rails, controller all fantastic stuff (so far as i know). I could have possibly made one this precise and neat for the money i paid, but i didn't have the time or the proper motivation.
    And the support is perfect. Almost the same time zone and i have spent well over ten hours on messenger discussing (before i purchased it) specifications and quality, then (after i purchased) machine setup, software etc also having to speak with the head engineer at one stage. But the girl I have had the most contact with is always extremely eager to help and nothing is ever a problem. Anyway rant over.

sh-cnc.com
    Ask for Elaine
    I'm not being paid for this, i'm just one very happy customer.

Scott
    Vital Image Graphics
    Toowoomba
    Scott:

I am considering to purchase china cnc for my shop. Excitech is one machine that I am reviewing now. As this would be my first cnc, can you advise on what things to look for when you buy from china manufacturer.

I also happen to be very interested in Excitech and looking at this model SHM1325. I don't see model XHS6090 in their website. Did you request for particular specification for your cnc?

do you think it's worth buying? So far, what is the upside and downside of the machine?

I am in contact with Helen Shen (she's also very helpful) and for the model SHM1325 she quoted me about US$11,000 including vacuum pump, 3.0Kw spindle.

I am not sure about whether i should upgrade to servo motor instead of stepper and 4.5Kw spindle motor instead of 3.0Kw. Can you help?

We are going to use the cnc for cutting, routing and 3D-engraving with materials such as acrylics, MDF, plywood, foam board, aluminium composite panel, etc.

Any information you can give will be very much appreciated.

thanks

Thanks for posting your experience.

I was fortunate to find this forum several days ago- have been looking at Chinese made routers for a fair while and became very dicouraged/nervous with the responses I have received from the purported manufacturers and general neagive comment.

My small scale manufacturing requires a lot of rebates and very accurate mitres and the hand machining and constant exposure to MDF dust have become a little too much.

I need vacuum table, 2440 * 1250 work area and repeatable tolerance to within .1 mm.

I will keep trolling through the wealth of information here- any assistance people may provide will be greatly appreciated.

Any fellow Aussies with a chinese machine running close to Sydney that may afford me the opportunity to see it in action?

Regards

Jimmy

(Sorry for dragging up an old thread)
    Im a total newbie to this cnc stuff.

Hi Esmae / Scott

Im looking to get myself an excitech router from sh-cnc.com.
    Have had email converstions with a rep there, but getting freaked
    about using up most of my savings!!!

Im looking at the SHG0609 router. Your router does seem to be
    on the site anymore, but guess its similar to SHG06090?

Just wondering a few months down the line hows your
    router holding up?
    Still as accurate as new? No parts failed?
    Performing as you expected?
    Have you tried to cut aluminum at all, work ok?

Thanks
    Lee B
    New Zealand

Hi Leef,

Yes mine doesn't appear to be there anymore, but the 0609 has the same features as mine (it just isnt a desktop system anymore).

Yes the router is better than expected. No haven't tried aluminium, just wood and plastic, it's coming up on a year now and i haven't had a single breakdown.

We use it everyday and after working it out the other day the little fella has paid itself off more than 5 times in profits (in fact i made enough in one month, that i could have bought another two of the same machine and still had change). So don't worry about using your savings (better investment than buying a car). That's why i spoke to them a few weeks ago about the 2400 x 1200 machine :banana: . I can't wait till that rocks up on my doorstep.

Scott

Hey Scott,
    thanks for your reply, great to hear your feedback!
    Im pleased its all going well for you.
    Now i want one!!

Did you ever find that the 1.5kw spindle wasnt enough power?
    You say type3 is all you need, is the Ucancam software not worth getting?

How does shipping work out?
    Is it as simple as:
    i pay the money (do i need to pay more for insurance?)
    They put the machine on a ship.
    I get a call from the port to tell me when its there.
    I go collect it and pay duty?
    Ive never imported large items before.

Thanks for your info!
    Lee

Hi Leef,

I've found the 1.5kw spindle to be enough for my needs, it's never bogged down on me or anything.

Type3 is ok, it can be a little buggy but definitely does the job.

I've tried all the url's for ucancam but cannot get through for some reason, so i couldn't tell you. but all i ever use the cam packages (type3 etc) for is just that (cam and gcode generation). I use coreldraw and rhino for all my drawing.

Shipping etc was fairly straight forward (as per your description) because we used a forwarding agent.

as for insurance, i think it was covered by exitech. but don't quote me on that.

My opinion is that their machines are absolutely world standard and definitely comparable (hardware wise) with local machines. You certainly wouldn't regret it if you purchased one. You have my word.

thanks scott

I couldn't find any info on ucancam either.
    I guess i dont need it tho, as I can use coreldraw and 3dsmax
    for design.

Im sure i will order it in the next couple days assuming
    the a local agent doesnt come back to me with a cheaper price.
    - However excitech sounds like a great brand
    if your machine has had a year of daily use with no break downs.

Im sure to order one in the next couple of days.
    Thanks again
    Lee

Large Cost Variations

Gday Scott, I have a business in Adelaide and need a cnc router.

You seem to be one of very few people to sing the praises of chinese made machines. I wonder if the americans continually bash them simply due to the fact that they are "Chinese"?

We have had three quotes this year -

1) Aussie built machine - $119,000

2) USA built Techno - $ 53,000

3) Chinese built - Excitech - $ 32,000

All 3 quotes are for 1.5 metre wide x 3.0 metre table with auto tool changer and 5 kw spindle.

These price differences are HUGE!

The material that we will be routing is 9mm, 12mm, 16mm MDF

We will router approximately 250 panels each month.

As you already have an " excitech" machine can you see any possible reason for us to spend any more money than the $32,000 to buy the more expensive machines?
    We are very wary of the fact that we will have no service backup in Adelaide from the manufacturer. This is delaying our purchase.

Any thoughts from anybody on this?

Rocket.

Hi Scott
    Me again!

Sorry to keep bugging, but you seem to be the man with the answers about these chinese CNC's.

I haven't ordered yet, still thinking/ researching!! Brain draining!!!

... After you received the machine,
    Did you have any probs setting it up, and if so how was their after sales support. Still as obliging as before purchase?

And warranty, they said to me they could diagnose the problem remotely,
    and send me replacement parts if necessary. That i'm thinking I should take with a pinch of salt?!?!

Maybe I should just grow some b@lls and get the blemmin thing!

Many thanks if you have time to reply,
    Cheers
    Lee

Send the money, you will be happy overall.....

I ordered the 1325A with 6kw spindle (HSD), vacuum table with Becker pump and dust extractor.

I also ordered a smaller table mount machine with a mist sprayer to keep the alloy/brass swarf and cutting oil away from my nice timber veneers.

Machines are great. Software is a bit dodgy and finish doesn't match the european machines but what do you want for the price? The core components are good and they work well.

The packing was ****- timber crate took a hit somewhere on the way to me (probably sydney docks) and the control cabinet required some panelbeating (can't blame the Chinese for that but you might want to get your own full container to avoid the same problem).

Happy to help with any specific questions you may have.

leef, Stone the flamin crows mate - What are you waiting for?
    Sounds like you have experience with cad programs so that should give you a good start.

From Scotts and Jimmys description they seem to be good machines for the money. I read another thread and found out that Excitech machines are being marketed by Factorynew.com in the USA under the brand name cam-wood. Check out their website.

By the way, who said that Kiwis have b@lls? ( just kidding ).

If you want your machine before xmas you should be aware that shipping out of China is flat out sending containers with xmas goodies this time of year, so get in quick.

Jimmy 007, In your July post you asked if somebody had one of these machines that you could take a look at. Would you be happy to allow me to come and take a look at yours in action? ( Good excuse for a long weekend). I come with a carton of " crownies ".

Did the machine come with a user manual of any kind? Did you have any trouble setting it up? Aside from the packaging did you have any other problems? Are you concerned about service back up? Is the dust extractor of good quality? Lots of questions - Hope you do not mind.

Also, what was the time frame from ordering to delivery?

Thanks in advance. Rocket.

Hey guys,

I've just ordered one of the 0609 machines. Scott and Jimmy have been very helpful for me as well, thanks guys! Oops, forgot to mention thanks to Salty for his help too :-)

I'm in Tasmania so will probably be looking at an extra $1000 or more after customs fees and GST and freight forwarding and all of the other little charges.

The company has been very good to deal with so far, as Scott and Jimmy have said.

OK - ive stoned the flamin crows!
    Whatever that means

Ive ordered an SHG0609, thanks to help of the posters on this thread.
    Cheers guys!

Page 1 of 2 12