585,670 active members*
4,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > VF2 2008, Internal Coolant!!

VF2 2008, Internal Coolant!!

Need help with a quick question

After moving the machine and cooling water change etc. the internal (spindle) coolant not function.
    Wondering if there is a problem with the phases of the pump.
    It spins but it pumps not up any pressure ....
    If I look above on the pump while it is in the tank it spins counterclockwise, is that the right direction?

Anyone have an idea what might be wrong otherwise?

Hoses, etc. are right, even took pictures before we took apart the couplings.

Starting to get frustrated ...

Re: VF2 2008, Internal Coolant!!

Well, I don't remember the rotation off the top of my head, but I know the pump works by forcing the liquid to the outer portion of its impeller, the centrifugal motion is the basis for the pump action.
    You could always try swapping the wires to see if going the other way fixes it. It Don't run it like that for long though, if it doesn't instantly fix the problem then it's likely something else to blame...

Inside the electrical cabinet on the main control board there are Phase indicator LEDs labelled PASS/FAIL just have a look at these to see if the phasing is correct. The Through Spindle Coolant pump is three phase and will spin the wrong way if the phasing is not correct.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Inside the electrical cabinet on the main control board there are Phase indicator LEDs labelled PASS/FAIL just have a look at these to see if the phasing is correct. The Through Spindle Coolant pump is three phase and will spin the wrong way if the phasing is not correct.
    Thanks for the answer, problem is now solved.
    Phase indicator indicated FAIL and now I turned the phases and throught spindle coolant works correct!!

Thanks again