585,754 active members*
4,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

6040z 4-axis Router Help

Okay well,

I am currently helping my dad set up his machine (he doesn't really comprehend the set up portion) and I have went through the steps...

1) Bought an ethernet Smoothstepper
    2) Wired up the Smoothstepper
    3) Opened Mach3 installed ESS driver
    4) Set up config for IP

Now I can jog the machine from the control box, and from what I can tell the ESS has power and is being detected in Mach3 just fine.

Many of the cnc machines come with an xml file that configures the profile for that cnc machine, but I guess this one doesn't. So what I'm trying to figure out is the Ports and Pins set up.

Since it's 4-axis it will use x,y,z, and a... And for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to set it up so I wanted to ask here to see if anyone had successfully set one up and could show me their ports and pins config so that I can at least get the machine to move.

Thanks in advance.

I have searched the forums and this is all I could find. (See attachment)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: 6040z 4-axis Router Help

Do you only need help with the A axis or all axes? -- it isn't quite clear from your original post.

what model, what brackout board is the ESS connected to, what are all the pins used ??? just more info required for you to get help
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Attachment 277142 pls help very arugent to 4 axis post wrong a axis more than 360 this the only problem

dude start your own thread

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Give me a few hours, and I will upload pictures of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    what model, what brackout board is the ESS connected to, what are all the pins used ??? just more info required for you to get help
    Let me make it more clear for you.

1. I have the ethernet cable connected, along with the usb 5v power, and on the back of the control box it's connected with a parallel port.
    2. Mach3 IP Config is set up and it recognizes it in Mach3, but since the PINS etc aren't configured properly it won't move the machine (That's my assumption at least)

I need help with as many of the axes that I can. I'm trying to be careful as not to set the wrong PINs in the wrong places, just incase it might mess something up.

While talking to CNC they said it shouldn't be necessary for a breakout board, but if that's not the case I would like to know. (If I can get it to work at least somewhat, I can work with that until I buy a G540 or something.)

• CNC 6040 4 Axis Router is designed for large area engraving work .
    • Simple operation and installation.
    • Emergency stop button enhance security,Large 3D engraving in soft wood,MDF board,native wood,PVC.
    • Cover plates reducing pollution for the screws and shafts.Thick 15mm aluminum 6063 plate.
    • The NEW 0.8KW water-cooled VFD spindle is available operating for long time.Controlled by computer

Technical Parameters:

1.Max.thickness of the meterials:100mm(the distance between Z axis and the bottom of the working station)
    2.Work table dimension:750mm x 450mm
    3.Carving speed:0 to 2500mm per min
    4.Frame materials:6061 aluminum alloy and 6063 Industrial aluminum
    5.Resetting accuracy:0.05mm
    6.Engraving accuracy:better than 0.04mm(has been tested)
    7.Stepping motor type:57 two-phase 3A ,super-low noise

Features:

1.Mach 3 software is simple and intellgent.
    2.With 0.8KW water-cooled VFD spindle and 1.5KW inverter.
    3.With four axis(rotary axis) and tailstock
    4.Stepping motor knob is useful for small positioning adjustment ,with steady and strong support structure.
    5.The 0.8KW water-cooled VFD spindle is available operating for long time,which can reinforced the processing abilty of the machine and can be used to process aluminum alloy and hard wood.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkSeyonet View Post
    Let me make it more clear for you.

1. I have the ethernet cable connected, along with the usb 5v power, and on the back of the control box it's connected with a parallel port.

so you have the bob conected to the ESS in port 1 of the ESS

2. Mach3 IP Config is set up and it recognizes it in Mach3, but since the PINS etc aren't configured properly it won't move the machine (That's my assumption at least)
    correct

I need help with as many of the axes that I can. I'm trying to be careful as not to set the wrong PINs in the wrong places, just incase it might mess something up.

While talking to CNC they said it shouldn't be necessary for a breakout board, but if that's not the case I would like to know. (If I can get it to work at least somewhat, I can work with that until I buy a G540 or something.)
    the ESS needs connected to a breakout board (bob) so you have the computer connected to the ESS then the ESS connected to a bob the black box in pick

you still need to supply info on bob, ports and pins or a manual that came with the machine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the ESS needs connected to a breakout board (bob) so you have the computer connected to the ESS then the ESS connected to a bob the black box in pick

you still need to supply info on bob, ports and pins or a manual that came with the machine
    (Most of the instruction manual was in Chinese, which made it difficult for me to set it up properly.

For anyone having this specific issue with this exact setup.

Windows 8 or 8.1 64-bit, using ESS with the same router and control box.

1) When you install the ESS and hook it up via Ethernet, make sure you go into your LAN properties and set ipv4 to IP Address: 10.9.9.1 Subnet: 255.255.255.255
    2) Then when you install the plugin into Mach3, you can set the address anywhere from 10.9.9.2 to 10.9.9.9 but it must have the same numbers in the first three locations.
    3) The ports for this that made it where I could move the motor properly is in the image attached.

IN THE OUTPUT SIGNALS DIGIT TRIG IS Active but I can't remember what it wanted the setting to be as I'm not near the machine right now.

Thank you to everyone that wished to help. It's much appreciated.

so have you got it working

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

so have you got it working
    Yep, made a smiley face to test it. Still have a lot to figure out, but the machine is working.

plsAttachment 277380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 d.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	277382 heip in mastercam rotary 4 axis subsitiution unroll can not work why