584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

3m model c "THND"

I have a system 3m model C, I can't seem to clear "NOT READY", machine won't jog. "THND" is on the screen, when I switch selector to "JOG" this doesn't seem to change.

When I hold "RE-MOVE / 2ND LS" switch up, the "NOT READY" goes away, screen switches to coordinates (0 for all axis) - but still no jog movement.

Can anyone advise please? Thanks.

--Erich
    WWW.RAIDGEAR.NET - FFC cables, foam headset replacement parts, and other gadgets.

Put Machine into handle mode x 10 and move axis this way

x1 x10 or x100 will not move it. Also selector switch when set to "JOG" does not display JOG on the screen.
    WWW.RAIDGEAR.NET - FFC cables, foam headset replacement parts, and other gadgets.

Hold 2ndLS switch on while trying to move with handle.

Ok just an update; I found another old sheet with the parameters written down that were alot different then what I had, after manually entering them - the system will now jog, move carousel, turn on coolant - if I have the override switch set on, but still stuck in "NOT READY"

I tried to read the 5 manuals they have for it but could not come up with a troubleshoot guide for "NOT READY".

--Erich

if you hold 2nd LS switch up (like before) does 'not ready' go away?

NOT READY goes away when I put the "2nd" switch up. I fixed the issue, the limit switch for y and z were both jammed.

-- new problem, the tool changer does not appear to work
    I advance carousel with the buttons, however the tool number sticks at "1" on the BCD.

Hello
    I have a Kitamura Mycenter 1 with a Fanuc OM controller. The parameters were erased by mistake on the controller. I obtained a copy of the parameters from the manufacture and have re-entered them. Upon power up I do not get any alarms on the CRT but I do get "not ready" in the lower left corner. I also get "THND" on the CRT in the position normally displaying "MDI", "EDIT" etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks