585,752 active members*
3,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Maintenance in General > SERVICE FOR CNC-MACHINES > BOSS router losing x-axis location

Exclamation BOSS router losing x-axis location

the best way i can describe the issue is that my BOSS router is losing it's x-axis location. y and z seem fine. just occasionally (more and more) it will start routing on the wrong x coordinate. the screen shows that it's in the right place but the head is actually way off (20 inches, yesterday). sometimes the display will show the head moving on the correct x axis but the machine itself is not moving, shutting down and restarting the machine and the computer seems to resolve the issue but it is happening more often now. i'm an experienced cnc router guy but new to this machine. any assistance/ suggestions would be much appreciated as i need to resolve this problem asap- productivity is at stake here as we have about 30 employees standing around with nothing to do if this router goes down.

Hi. I'm not familiar with the type of machine here but the issue to me sounds like perhaps a measuring system fault. Do you know if the machine uses encoders or linear scales to measure position? I've seen similar faults when wiring starts to break down to measuring system but in fairness these were only causing movements of 1-2mm not 20 inches. I'd definitely check the measuring system out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk