585,919 active members*
3,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tower style cnc plasma

Hello everyone, After several months of reading build posts, i decided it was time to start the awesome journey of building one for myself. I started by gathering some knowledge from other builds, then lurking around the web looking for pictures of industrial and well-made plasma machines. By now, i think i am pretty close to the final design of the machine (which is mostly on my brains right now), therefore, many questions raised to my head, for example, if the design is sturdy enough, if its building is doable, if proper alignament is posible and many more.. that said, i thought the best decicion was to ask other experienced people on the subject for opinions, critics, and stuff.. I would really appreciate any kind of advise from you. And if its any help, i will kindly offer anyone interested the final plans of the project; as it will be a cooperative build (hopefully :cheers.

Oficially starting the debate i would like to ask you, what you think about the design i am leaning towards to, the hole thing is about three completely independant "towers" ,totally adjustable as you can see, therefore i can mount the machined square steel tube (1/4 inch thickness 4''x4'') to a leveled surface, then all aligned, carefully stick weld the four lower bolts of each tower to a floor-bolted steel plate. Choosed this design for ease of construction, low welding, portability, and many other things that right now cant remember, lol.

even though this didnt even started (discussion) i would like to thank everyone who took the effort of posting his build on the forum, it is a huge amount of knowledge available for free and everyone .Thank you!.

Frank.

Re: Tower style cnc plasma

hello

Re: Tower style cnc plasma

Your pictures don't really make sense. Where is the rest of the machine?