585,602 active members*
3,553 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Machinist ToolBox PDA

Anyone using this software-
    http://www.machinist-toolbox.com/ ?

What exactly does this do? I have a pocket-pc and i am interested...can someone relae this to liek telling me if it is a CAD or a CAM or a G-Code or a controller software.,..jsut something please...Thanks!...also how much does it cost?

Just down loaded the demo & i am playing around with it, i just might buy it after the demo times out. any questions check the their web site.
    Bill

That looks pretty cool. Might have to D/L the PPC2k2 version and check it out. Thanks for the link.

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Check this software it is for communications between pda and cnc and pc

http://www.vista-software.com/serialgo.htm

[email protected]

I downloaded both the vista demo and the machinist toolbox demo. So far I love them both! The Machinist tool box is handy! It beats having all the slide rule calculators lying around. There are all kinds of references in it also, from g-codes to m-codes for machining and turning centers. To include generic canned cycles! I am definitley buying it when the demo times out. You really can't beat the price. I think it is like $50. Still playing with the vista commo software. It seems to be working well, talks to all my machines. I just can't get it to sync .nc or .txt files between my pc and pda.
    Rick Merrill
    SSG U.S. Army
    11B3V
    USAMU Custom Firearms Shop

I've had Machinists Toolbox for about 2 years and I love it. I use it frequently at work, (I'm a CNC programmer). I would recommend it very highly to anyone who does a lot of programming or just machining in general

Mark

I have the software as well and really like it... I do miss it though.. my palm was stolen and I haven't replaced it. I'm having trouble finding a PDA which I like that has a serial port. unless someone knows how to connect the mini USB port on newer PDA's to RS232. I was thinking bluetouth RS232 adapter but not sure if it will work or how well it will work in a machine shop.

I have been using a pda to upload and download to my machines for a few years. I got the pda setup from rbr machine. They have done a lot to the new pda,s to do most if not all of what you guys are talking about.

http://www.rbrusa.com/CncGcoder.html

Cables

I had to do some research to find the proper cable also. On of the most important things I found is that the PDA itself has to have the right port. I had to go with a Zire 71 PDA and I think the Zire 72 has the same port. Check out:

www.cableamerica.com
    www.serialio.com

Both of these sites have tons of different cables for all kinds of applications.
    Rick Merrill
    SSG U.S. Army
    11B3V
    USAMU Custom Firearms Shop