584,879 active members*
5,036 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > HSD SPINDLE MANUAL TOOL RELEASE BUTTON LIGHT IS.OFF

HSD SPINDLE MANUAL TOOL RELEASE BUTTON LIGHT IS.OFF

HELLO EVERYONE.

THE ISSUE IS THAT THE MANUAL TOOL RELEASE BUTTON ON SPINDLE LIGHT IS OFF.

CURRENTLY I AM NOT USING THE AIR COMPRESSOR WITH THE MACHINE. BECAUSE I AM ONLY USING ONE CUTTING BIT ALL THE TIME.

A TECHNICIANS JUST JUMP THE AIR SENSOR WHICH ON THE BACK OF THE MACHINE.

NOT TO SHOW LOW AIR PRESSURE ON THE OSAI CONTROLLER.

AFTER NOTICING THE LIGHT IS OFF I CONNECT THE AIR HOSE TO MACHINE AND PRESS THE MANUAL TOOL RELEASE BUTTON.
    BY PRESSING THE BUTTON THE TOOL IS RELEASED.
    BUT THE LIGHT IS REMAIN OFF.

NEED HELP ON FINDING THE EXACT PROBLEM.

THANK YOU.

REGARDS

Re: HSD SPINDLE MANUAL TOOL RELEASE BUTTON LIGHT IS.OFF

It could just be that the bulb is not working, or L.E.D. depending on if it is driven or not. One thing though, pretty sure the HSD spindles also use compressed air as part of the cooling for the system I don't think it's a great idea to be running the spindle without the air connected, mine even reports an error that you can't clear without turning on the compressed air. Just a thought

Cheers
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by SyntecLee View Post
    It could just be that the bulb is not working, or L.E.D. depending on if it is driven or not. One thing though, pretty sure the HSD spindles also use compressed air as part of the cooling for the system I don't think it's a great idea to be running the spindle without the air connected, mine even reports an error that you can't clear without turning on the compressed air. Just a thought

Cheers
    Lee
    Hello lee.

Some body told that the compressed air will keep the dust out of the bearings on the inside making it last longer.

Is it possible that beacuse of not using air the dust is inside and beacuse of that the manual tool release button light is off?

just an idea.

Thank u.

Hi Abid,

I work with HSD spindles all the time, dont worry about the green button the bulb inside has probably blown. I have had one or two before with the same issue, but the spindle has worked fine.

Regarding the air compressor, you should have the air connected to the spindle. The pneumatic circuit for internal pressurization prevents dirt from entering the electro-spindle.
    This system is fed at 4 bar (58 PSI). Waste air is exhausted through the forward facing labyrinth ports in the spindle nose.

The manual states "Compressed air at 4 bar (58 PSI) must always be delivered to the electrospindle even when it is not operating". 7 Bar pressure is required when you are doing tool changes.

Dont you have pneumatics on the machine requiring air pressure anyway?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BM3 View Post
    Hi Abid,

I work with HSD spindles all the time, dont worry about the green button the bulb inside has probably blown. I have had one or two before with the same issue, but the spindle has worked fine.

Regarding the air compressor, you should have the air connected to the spindle. The pneumatic circuit for internal pressurization prevents dirt from entering the electro-spindle.
    This system is fed at 4 bar (58 PSI). Waste air is exhausted through the forward facing labyrinth ports in the spindle nose.

The manual states "Compressed air at 4 bar (58 PSI) must always be delivered to the electrospindle even when it is not operating". 7 Bar pressure is required when you are doing tool changes.

Dont you have pneumatics on the machine requiring air pressure anyway?

Cheers
    THANKS BM3. VERY HELP FULL SUGGESTIONS

I AM START USING THE AIR WITH SPINDLE.

BUT MY WORRIES I AM USING THE SPINDLE FROM 4 MONTHS WITHOUT AIR.

WILL THE DUST IS INSIDE?
    ANY HARM TO THE SPINDLE?
    IF POSSIBLE CAN U SEND ME A PIC OF THE HOLES WERE THE WASTE AIR GOES OUT.

OTHER THING IS I AM NOT DOING TOOL CHANGE.
    SO 4 BAR AIR SUPPLY GIVE TO THE SPINDLE.

THANKS.

Hello BM3, I just got an HSD ES929 ISO30 (9kw) spindle for my machine...
    I know it needs air pressure to hold the tools in place, and the green button causes a release, then the tool can be changed, and the air pressure grabs and holds the tool in place...
    I just want to make sure that compressed air is supposed to be hissing all the time, coming out the bottom of the spindle. It seams like it would use quite a bit of air, even if not making any tool changes, or even running.

THank you for your imput.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    Hello BM3, I just got an HSD ES929 ISO30 (9kw) spindle for my machine...
    I know it needs air pressure to hold the tools in place, and the green button causes a release, then the tool can be changed, and the air pressure grabs and holds the tool in place...
    I just want to make sure that compressed air is supposed to be hissing all the time, coming out the bottom of the spindle. It seams like it would use quite a bit of air, even if not making any tool changes, or even running.

THank you for your imput.
    Hi Frank,

It's completely normal to have the air rushing through I am told it is for 2 reasons, 1 is that it is used in for cooling because of the high speed ceramic bearings and the other is to stop dust and ejected material ( swarf )getting inside the spindle assembly, there will be a constant leak of air heard when the machine is running or at idle...I installed a tap valve near mine that I can turn off so the machine can sit idle and the compressor doesn't need to be continuously refilling the air. Just need to remember when you come to use the machine to switch the air back on as it is needed

Cheers
    Lee