584,866 active members*
5,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Arcing connection on Laser CO2 tube connection

Hi everyone, Im looking for help. I recently bought a 60watt Laser cutting machine. Got it all set up and went to fire it and NOTHING!! Looked in at the back to see what was happening with the tube and when i pulsed the power there was arcing at the connection where the live wire connects to the laser tube. there was nothing happening inside the tube, no light, no beam leaving the tube. it looks as though the power is not able to enter the tube. The machine has never been used and im just wondering do i have to get a new tube already. Any help would be great.

Re: Arcing connection on Laser CO2 tube connection

Hi, I bought a 40w Chinese laser and had the same thing. On inspection the inner tube of the laser was fractured, and was difficult to see due to the water inside. They sent a replacement but had all sorts of problems with customs wanting more than cost of tube. Eventually they sent via a uk warehouse thus avoiding taxes. Worked fine for an hour then PSU blew. Ended up paying for a new PSU as Chinese started to make loads of excuses. After six months it eventually worked Ok. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a product available in the US called liquid electrical tape. Make sure the connection is attached and then just paint that stuff over it. That fixed mine

Where is it arcing to? If it is the frame - then its likely a connection issue at the HV side and the liquid tape or some HV splicing tape should work. Per a suggestion from Dave at sawmill creek, I also sheathed the wire in silicone tubing at the splice.

If it is arcing in the tube - then the tube is broken and needs replacement though you need to do that sort of warranty claim pretty fast after arrival. Its a common issue though, I actually think over 50% of the tube cost is warranty costs.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...