585,754 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Buying a Chinese cnc router

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and to the CNC world and I'm about to order a CNC machine from Jinan Quick CNC Co. I will be using it for cutting composites and acrylics. I am thinking of ordering the machine with the following specifications:

Machine model: K45MT/1530X-Y-Z axis working area: 1500 x 3050 x 200mm
    Machine size: 3600 x 2150 x 1700mm
    X-Y movement: Rack and pinion, gear drive/ Taiwan
    Z movement: Ball screw drive
    Guide: Linear 20 square/Taiwan
    Spindle power: 4.5Kw HSD E32 standard (manual tool change) (upgraded)
    Yaskawa servo motor system (Upgraded)

inverter power: 7.5kw
    DSP A11 Control System
    Double function T-slot Vacuum Table

Chinese fan cooling vacuum pump (7.5Kw) 250CBM/h
    Oil Lubrication System
    Auto tool Zero Sensor

Dust collector 3Kw 380v

As I am not a CNC expert, I would like to purchase a durable and trouble-free machine, so do you recommend a machine with the specifications above or should I alter any of them?

Thanks in advance

Re: Buying a Chinese cnc router

The DSP control system wouldn't be my first choice but I gather it works. I'd also, with my experience, be hesitant to go with a single spindle upgrade rather than upgrade to a double chinese spindle system.....don't get me wrong, you would never regret and HSD spindle (if it's real HSD with ceramic bearings that is) but you probably will not like having all the manual tool changes.

Obviously this depends on what work you are doing, but I have a HSD spindle and a secondary router (smaller spindle in your case is what it would be) on a US built router and it works fairly well, bigger bit in the bigger spindle for the tough cuts and small spindle and small bit for details. Sometimes I wish I could put a 3rd bit in for a ball end or similar bit but mostly 2 works for me.

Before that machine (and still), I had a single spindle machine but I ended up usually using a bit that matched the smallest detail I needed to cut, and that typically limits how fast/well you can cut other parts.

So, I'd consider getting pricing on a setup of 2 chinese 3-4kw spindles versus the HSD and consider the versatility against the shorter lifespan of the chinese spindles. Only air-cooled if I was buying, but opinions vary.

Everything else looks OK to me.

Thank you gfacer for the detailed information and advice, I will be using the machine for making signs, cutting letters using 3-5mm either aluminium composite or acrylic sheets, I don't think that i will be needing to change the tool that much, what do you think?
    I will consider upgrading the DSP control system, its just the cost will go a bit high after upgrading most of the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer View Post
    The DSP control system wouldn't be my first choice but I gather it works. I'd also, with my experience, be hesitant to go with a single spindle upgrade rather than upgrade to a double chinese spindle system.....don't get me wrong, you would never regret and HSD spindle (if it's real HSD with ceramic bearings that is) but you probably will not like having all the manual tool changes.

Obviously this depends on what work you are doing, but I have a HSD spindle and a secondary router (smaller spindle in your case is what it would be) on a US built router and it works fairly well, bigger bit in the bigger spindle for the tough cuts and small spindle and small bit for details. Sometimes I wish I could put a 3rd bit in for a ball end or similar bit but mostly 2 works for me.

Before that machine (and still), I had a single spindle machine but I ended up usually using a bit that matched the smallest detail I needed to cut, and that typically limits how fast/well you can cut other parts.

So, I'd consider getting pricing on a setup of 2 chinese 3-4kw spindles versus the HSD and consider the versatility against the shorter lifespan of the chinese spindles. Only air-cooled if I was buying, but opinions vary.

Everything else looks OK to me.

If you can get away from very small letters, like 2" and larger, you should be OK with say a 4mm bit. Anything smaller like 3mm bits become quite fragile. The HSD is overkill for a small bit like that though, but should last a very long time, but make sure its genuine HSD.

Hi Ghani79,

Do you still need the cnc router with 1500x300mm working area? We are manufacture of cnc router in China. Our machine is very high quality and price very competitive. We have also sold our machine to the UK market. If you are interested, please contact me.

Email: [email protected]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2{VZJK536DP_L~2F4VXJSQY.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	283534

Quote Originally Posted by Ghani79 View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to the forum and to the CNC world and I'm about to order a CNC machine from Jinan Quick CNC Co. I will be using it for cutting composites and acrylics. I am thinking of ordering the machine with the following specifications:

DSP A11 Control System

Oil Lubrication System
    Auto tool Zero Sensor

Dust collector 3Kw 380v

As I am not a CNC expert, I would like to purchase a durable and trouble-free machine, so do you recommend a machine with the specifications above or should I alter any of them?

Thanks in advance

I just took a dump, and plan on using charmin, since it's cheaper then quilted northern I don't mind all the leftovers on my @$$.

Smile Re: Buying a Chinese cnc router

Quote Originally Posted by Ghani79 View Post
    Hi all,

DSP A11 Control System

Oil Lubrication System
    Auto tool Zero Sensor

Dust collector 3Kw 380v

Thanks in advance

Hi There

Jinshengxing machinery is also one major manufactuer of CNC products back in China for decades .

If you are interested ,you can check with me about machine information ,There is no harm to have one more option.

What do you think ?

My contact :[email protected] ,skype:jackieshen118 .

Have a nice day .

Hi again,
    Here is an update. I ordered the machine from Quick CNC, paid the money, and it is on its way to me now. Thanks for the help everyone.