584,798 active members*
4,291 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Camaster > need help setting up Camaster CNC in Indianapolis

need help setting up Camaster CNC in Indianapolis

Good morning,
    we recently purchased a used Camaster CNC 6x12 router. We knew it needed some things but thought everything was pretty much there...we are finding out that its not really the case. We have all the servo's and actual parts for the machine but the hardware aspect is what is lacking apparently. We believe that all we need is a Galil card DMC 1842 and then we should be able to move forward. However we really just don't know as this is our first machine and know nothing about them. We have reached out to Camaster but apparently this machine was build by the previous owner of the company so they cannot really offer any help. Anyone around that can help us? We just want to get this thing running and have called/emaied just about everyone we can find with not much result.

thanks

Re: need help setting up Camaster CNC in Indianapolis

They told me that Camaster was never sold so they may be trying to get out of supporting your machine even though they claim to lifetime support even on used equipment. Jim Mcgrew should point you to where you want to get as he is one of the spokesmen for Camaster and pushes his company.

I have reason to think I spoke with this fellow and this is a Warthog 6 x 12 built in Tennessee, Not by anyone from CAMaster after 2007. you can send me some photos but it will take a good bit of work to get it right at this point. you may want to consider hiring a retrofitter to do this. I have had CAMasters since they were new and I have never heard of the Card you mention. No one is dodging this unfortunately there is more to the story.
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

At any rate those were usually stepper machines with no atc I'm guessing. Any cnc technician should be able to rig up a new system, though I'd do some research on what control systems you would like and then find a technician that can do it. I'm a Centroid fan myself (in that I like mine and I'm glad I didn't pay for it originally) but much cheaper ways exist.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Having Spoken to this Owner and seeing Photographs, He has a CAMaster Pro built before the current Owners took the company to the machines built today, it is a Heck of a good machine and basically in New condition. A previous owner had an Employee take the operation computer as a Hidden Prize (sometimes called theft and Vandalism) Good news is a new computer and PCI card and this Baby will cut Again !! No Jerry No story here !

Put him in touch with the right people and with a little hookup he will be making chips with this machine..

Oh and Hey if you decide to sell that Monster call me !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0084.jpg  

Thanks so much man!!! You have been a great help. I can't wait to get this thing back up and running. Ps guess I'm not the only one that never sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    Having Spoken to this Owner and seeing Photographs, He has a CAMaster Pro built before the current Owners took the company to the machines built today, it is a Heck of a good machine and basically in New condition. A previous owner had an Employee take the operation computer as a Hidden Prize (sometimes called theft and Vandalism) Good news is a new computer and PCI card and this Baby will cut Again !! No Jerry No story here !

Put him in touch with the right people and with a little hookup he will be making chips with this machine..

Oh and Hey if you decide to sell that Monster call me !!

I sent the info to Johann and some others Join the CAMheads forum,, you are a CAMaster owner ! the company cannot just outright support this machine but all the components and software are the same they still use !