585,668 active members*
4,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

looking to get into cnc laser, what to buy?

I'm looking at a few epilog lasers but don't know what to look for in a good used machine. My budget is up to 14k. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: looking to get into cnc laser, what to buy?

Hello modelaratrod, this is Nolan from ThunderLaser, hope my suggestion can help you.
    1. can you tell me what material are you going to cut or engrave, then I can know that which machine is more suitable for you.
    2. epilog laser is really very good, you can buy it in USA directly, it is very convenient for you. but I don't suggest you buy a used machine. as you don't get any warranty for the machine and laser tube, you are not sure whether the machine still can work for several years, if you are not familiar with the laser cutter machine, it's hard for you to find out the problems. so I recommend you buy a new one.
    3. but a new epilog laser will morethan your budget, how about order a machine from China directly? I think your budget can buy a good quality machine in China.
    4. before you make a decision, you can find some useful articles on this forum.
    Hope my suggestions can help you, have a nice day.
    Thunder laser cutting and engraving systems - Cutting, Marking and Etching Machines

To: modelaratrod

It is better to let everyone here know the details
    Maybe we can help to find the best suitable machine for you

For example, both cutting metal and nonmetal?materials ?thickness ?
    G.WEIKE laser will be an option for you too
    www.wklaser.com [email protected] SKYPE: cyosusu
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/people/Cuicui-Zhang/100005165685762

I went with Epilog for their quality, customer service and they're made in the good old USA!

Check with Epilog they sell used machines and they do give you a warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by modelaratrod View Post
    I'm looking at a few epilog lasers but don't know what to look for in a good used machine. My budget is up to 14k. Any help would be appreciated.
    If I had 14k I would try to get a epilogue helix. I think you can get a new one for that price but if you need more power than 30watts you might have to look for a used one or save a bit more.

Duplicate post

I prefer Trotec but epilog makes a great machine too, cannot go wrong with either of those. I'd advise you to find the extra cash to go new, no telling what you'll get in a used one. You have no idea what they have been cutting with it or the maintaince on it. If the tube goes bad after 6 months that's $2500 right there. Close to the difference btw used and new. If it's from the factory used and they will give a warranty by all means that would be the exception or if you actually knew the seller and how they had taken care of their machine and what they cut with it.