585,948 active members*
3,712 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge DV-59 CNC Accuslide - Desire to Retrofit or Upgrade Away from Fagor 8025

Hardinge DV-59 CNC Accuslide - Desire to Retrofit or Upgrade Away from Fagor 8025

So this is my first post to this great resource and community. I hope you don't mind the
    cross-post from practical.

I recently acquired a fairly clean Hardinge DV-59 with the Accuslide package installed, back from
    the days when it was called Upgrade Technologies (now CNCNew). My package has all the whistles,
    with the upgraded spindle motor & VFD, MCG-2243 servos, spindle encoder, quick change tools plates,
    pneumatic collet closer, oil coolant system, and a ton of gang tool holders and plates.

The one item that was sadly missing, the Fagor 8025 controller (box and all). I did consider buying
    a used 8025T controller, but found during the sourcing that we're talking about $4000-$7000 for
    one, and even then I'd have to find someone who can help establish new parameters for setup.

Well, rather than source and pay for an old 8025T, as in the title, does anyone have any experience
    retro'ing an Accuslide (or for that matter an OmniTurn), from the 8025 to Mach3/4? I've looked
    at CSMIO IP/A hardware (w/new servos), or the Dynomotion KFLOP/KANALOG perhaps using
    my existing servos. Briefly considered upgrading to the Fagor 8037, I'd need new digital servos,
    and it's just too expensive.

Thanks in advance for any advice or information.

Thanks,
    Pete

Re: Hardinge DV-59 CNC Accuslide - Desire to Retrofit or Upgrade Away from Fagor 8025

Quote Originally Posted by rusty51 View Post
    So this is my first post to this great resource and community. I hope you don't mind the
    cross-post from practical.

I recently acquired a fairly clean Hardinge DV-59 with the Accuslide package installed, back from
    the days when it was called Upgrade Technologies (now CNCNew). My package has all the whistles,
    with the upgraded spindle motor & VFD, MCG-2243 servos, spindle encoder, quick change tools plates,
    pneumatic collet closer, oil coolant system, and a ton of gang tool holders and plates.

The one item that was sadly missing, the Fagor 8025 controller (box and all). I did consider buying
    a used 8025T controller, but found during the sourcing that we're talking about $4000-$7000 for
    one, and even then I'd have to find someone who can help establish new parameters for setup.

Well, rather than source and pay for an old 8025T, as in the title, does anyone have any experience
    retro'ing an Accuslide (or for that matter an OmniTurn), from the 8025 to Mach3/4? I've looked
    at CSMIO IP/A hardware (w/new servos), or the Dynomotion KFLOP/KANALOG perhaps using
    my existing servos. Briefly considered upgrading to the Fagor 8037, I'd need new digital servos,
    and it's just too expensive.

Thanks in advance for any advice or information.

Thanks,
    Pete
    I suppose "conversion" is a better description than retrofit.

Re: Hardinge DV-59 CNC Accuslide - Desire to Retrofit or Upgrade Away from Fagor 8025

Wow - no experience with these or interest in sharing tidbits or knowledge? There must be some conversion/retrofit people
    out here that have had to convert an Accuslide or similar lathe away from Fagor controllers. No?

Well, if that's the case, for the benefit of future readers, I've decided to go with Dynomotion's KFLOP, KAnalog, and Kmotion.