585,959 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fagor Automation > Fagor 8055T Restore from backup or cache?

Fagor 8055T Restore from backup or cache?

Good morning!

I've just started a role in IT support for a company, as it turns out this company have a number CNC machines but very little in house knowledge of fixing problems so I'm hoping someone on this forum might be able to point us in the right direction.

We have a Microweilly Lathe TY-26TR-CNC with a Fagor 8055T controller, it was bringing up an error message that the battery voltage was low, the machinist found the battery (AA battery soldered in) and replaced it. Unfortunately upon turning the machine back on it was found that all the parameters and subroutines are now missing. Does anyone know if there is a way of restoring this data?

I've found an old backup from several years ago (a series of .PIT files) however I'm unsure as to how to restore it to the machine, I have also been advised by another machinist that there may be away to restore it from its cache?

I've read through the manual and according to it I should be able to go to /<STATUS>/<CNC>/<BACKUP/RESTORE> however in the /CNC/ screen there is no softkey for BACKUP/RESTORE

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Fagor 8055T Restore from backup or cache?

Sounds like the software may be too old and not have the back up restore features. Go the diagnosis menu then configuration then software configuration and you can find the software version in there.

Thanks CNCTech,
    That doesn't sound promising! Its version 6.34

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt View Post
    Thanks CNCTech,
    That doesn't sound promising! Its version 6.34
    Yeah I don't believe that version supports the backup/restore feature.
    You can contact Fagor and see what can be done for a software update, but that may be challenging as the older units used pcmcia cards to apply the update so they could send you the firmware but you would need a computer to write it to the card as well as you need a 8mb card to apply the update.

You could try using windnc via rs232 to pull files off of the card a to save to computer and then load directly into CNC memory.

Ah righto. So what you're saying is the files are still in existence but just need to be loaded into CNC memory?

Ah righto. So what you're saying is the files are still in existence but just need to be loaded into CNC memory?
    There may be some files on card a, and that is probably what you were seeing before.

Cheers, I've had a bit of a play, there was an existing PC set up connected to this, I installed windnc however I haven't been able to get it to connect. I found a youtube video which explains how to use windnc and the connection required however that is for a 9 Pin whereas the connection that we have is a 25 pin. I've looked at the existing cable and it seems a little dodgy, I'm going to hunt around to find a replacement and then see if I can mirror the connection recommendation for the 9pin onto the 25 pin cable.
    One thing I don't understand is why if the information is potentially on Card A how come this can't be picked up on the CNC Memory without the use of an external PC.

You should be able to load the tables by navigating to each one on the CNC and then if you see load you can then load it into the memory. It's a little tedious to do as you have to go to each menu, there is no batch operation to do this (windnc basically would be the batch). As for programs, you definitely need to get the plc and plc errors/messages programs into memory. Off the top of my head I don't recall how to go about getting those over. Perhaps try using the file explorer from the utilities menu and copy/paste them from card a to memory.

Cheers there is no file explorer however I think I've found where to copy,I've attempted it however it is now has a message on it
    PCCPSW
    ESC-ENTER-MAIN

From the manual this looks to be a password requirement, is there a default password for these machines?

The master password is set by the OEM. Fagor should be able to decode the password for you if you provide them the ID password from the software configuration page.

I guess the software is too old for the file explorer feature as well.

Thanks CNCTech,
    Managed to get the password, copied the data ok however according to the machinist this isn't what is required. Out of interest I see there is an 'Initialize' softkey when you browse through the memory, would this just set it back to factory defaults?

Thanks CNCTech,
    Managed to get the password, copied the data ok however according to the machinist this isn't what is required. Out of interest I see there is an 'Initialize' softkey when you browse through the memory, would this just set it back to factory defaults?
    Yes, initialize will reset that table that your on back to factory defaults.