585,582 active members*
3,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

fanuc 15tf ram parity base 0

Hello All,

We have a cnc lathe with fanuc 15tf (14 crt) controller,

There are lots of same topic on this forum also check them, but mine is little different

After battery voltage down , all parameter etc data was lost, (we have all original data )

Our process ;

1-Open the controller while pressing 7 & 9 till see clear file,

2-After clear finish type 99 and enter 3 password

3-System laber generated shown on screen

4- Axis number then all option that we enter as hexadecimal

5- Then press 6 exit IPL but we found ram parity base 0 again,

We suspect Base o board defective and have another new one (working with different machine) we swap it but all process we made as above, but still same problem, which kind of problem could be , hardware or sotware, and whats wrong that i did ,

Thank you for valuable help

Re: fanuc 15tf ram parity base 0

there is a detailed procedure here....
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...parity%20error

follow that. if you still have problems it is probably hardware failure on some other board (especially since you have swapped the base 0 board).
    you dont say which version of base 0 you have but if that board has an EPROM and if you swapped the board and transferred the EPROM from the non-working board to the working board that might point to a bad EPROM (put it in the working board then in the working machine to test it). In that case replace the EPROM with a good one.
    If your EPROM is good try swapping the Base 1 or CPU board.
    The problem with swapping boards and still not working might also be caused by mismatch of Base 0/Base 1 boards. There are sub-revisions of those boards and they are not necessarily compatible with the other boards in the system and/or the system software in the EPROMs on the other boards.
    A16B-2200-0120 -xxx (Base 0 Card)
    A16B-2200-0121 -xxx (Base 0 Card)
    A16B-2200-0130 -xxx (Base 1 Card)
    A16B-2200-0131 -xxx (Base 1 Card)

-120/-0121 and -xxxx can be different (xxx can be like -10C or -13B or others)

To know for sure you would need to swap an identical board.

Good advice fordav11. Make sure that the BASE0 boards are compatible. Please post the original and replacement part #s.
    A16B-2200-012X, A16B-2200-052X where X can be 0,1,4,or 9
    I also found that a RAM parity error is not necessarily caused by the BASE0 board.

it might also help to post the full alarm.
    for example.....

SYSTEM ALARM
    02:411D:01:4040:0016:0096H581
    ROM PARITY : PC010

in this example 4040 is an EPROM and H581 is the Fanuc cat no. spec for the PMC function so it can help to provide additional info

Thank you for reply

video link is here ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDvj...ature=youtu.be

board number is A16B-2200-0121 and swapped one is same number include additional no A16B-2200-0212 / 04B , there is no eprom on base 0 board, Also we contact with fanuc, and they told us as below;

Open the controller while 7 & 9 till clear file finish

99- type 3 different password then axis no and enter all option as hex

Fİle must be cleared !!!

Y input , then again 99 and 3 different password and again axis no and enter all option enter

after last option enter then system will no ask FILE MUST BE CLEARED!! after this type 6 and exit IPL ,

Thats all, 2 time enter option ??? i did not hear before eventough I tried but still problem same,

We are thinking ram of base 0 board ( HM62256LFP-12T) was bad and can not clear exactly, it could be?

here attached photo after all procedure finished
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_1344.jpg  

Well, at least the message is clear. As I said, I have seen that message without a problem in the BASE0. That board is on the F-bus, along with the Base1 and BASE2 boards. So, start swapping boards out until the problem disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    Well, at least the message is clear. As I said, I have seen that message without a problem in the BASE0. That board is on the F-bus, along with the Base1 and BASE2 boards. So, start swapping boards out until the problem disappears.
    As i understand this problem caused by maybe base 1 or base 2, Or f-bus line? is it right?

Thank you

The F-BUS is a data exchange bus between several boards, at minimum BASE0, BASE1 and BASE2 boards. There may be other boards on that bus. We have a set of tested spare boards.
    Swapping boards is not always a simple matter. Where are you located?

Hello Again,

First of all we found same machine with same controller and spec number

We swapped all board on f-bus include power unit and flat f-bus board, all our parts working very well except BASE O A16B-2200-0121/04B , then we find another type base o board A16B-2200-0129 / 06C, When we install this board to our machine, now our machine is working , its mean base o board defective and we suspect something, This is ;

there is a capacitor on A16B-2200-0129 / 06C parameter and another data not goes off eventough battery cable unplug, and after clean memory and load another machine data machine is working
    There is no capacitor on A16B-2200-0121 / 04B parameter and another data goes off eventough one second battery cable unplug, then we try to clean memory pushing 7 & 9 while power turn on but we are getting RAM PARITY ERROR BASE 0 as i told and message on this forum before

Now i add A16B-2200-0121 / 04B and A16B-2200-0129 / 06C difference on photo, and we realized a one socket on 04B , name is CP1 and there is a 3 connection (same as jumper look like setting something) so that i would like to know it whats that? there is a need some jumper to short it ? or use with a some cable then process 7 & 9 holding key while power turn on,

Before all above we have a another machine with fanuc 15t, and working , we only unplug battery cable and now we are gettign ram parity error base 0 , same as above and we can not clean memory eventough try procedure many times and base 0 number is A16B-2200-0121 / 04B (same as our problem one) i think before made procedure need to set CP1 jumper? any idea ?

Waiting for your valuable response

Thank you

The only major difference between the -0121 and -0129: the -0121 has 512k of sram, the -0129 has 256k of sram.
    There are no other differences; I looked at both boards side by side and see nothing else; the schematics show nothing else as well.
    There is no connector CP1 on my boards or shown on the schematics.
    Are you sure that the -0129 is not a -0529? In that case, a straight swap is not possible.
    Clearing the sram is done by HOLDING the 7+9 keys pressed until the display shows the memory clearing. There should be nothing else to do.

The only major difference between the -0121 and -0129: the -0121 has 512k of sram, the -0129 has 256k of sram.
    There are no other differences; I looked at both boards side by side and see nothing else; the schematics show nothing else as well.
    There is no connector CP1 on my boards or shown on the schematics.
    Are you sure that the -0129 is not a -0529? In that case, a straight swap is not possible.
    Clearing the sram is done by HOLDING the 7+9 keys pressed until the display shows the memory clearing. There should be nothing else to do.
    Thank you

I checked again but Board number is correct 0129/06C
    Just curious we had a machine with ram parity error only battery Voltage zero and cannot clear memory and can not solve ram parity error

Then we find another machine and only unplug battery connector and plug again then we meet same ram parity error

But all 3 machine working 0129/06C, those working machine does not work with 0121/04B, except battery Voltage we do nothing

Its sound like base 0 defective but still dont understand after battery Voltage down why meet like this trouble

Regards

We developed a RAMFILE memory board for this control and have extensive knowledge of all aspects of the control; have a complete set of diagrams, operating control and many spare tested parts. I personally have done many hundreds of installations and have not encountered this.
    Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by freemanxxx View Post
    Just curious we had a machine with ram parity error only battery Voltage zero and cannot clear memory and can not solve ram parity error
    Then we find another machine and only unplug battery connector and plug again then we meet same ram parity error
    on all of your problem machines, did you try booting while holding 7 and 9 to clear the memory as memoryman said above?

i have been in touch with that company (they are in Turkey) and it is my believe that the FAPT side has to be cleared separately (all three machines have FAPT); looking through old posts here and only found references to 10tf controls. Do you have anything for the 15tf?

the FAPT side can be initialised by going into AUXILIARY, typing CFINT then pressing [INPUT]
    This works for 10/11/12/15/16 etc

i have been in touch with that company (they are in Turkey) and it is my believe that the FAPT side has to be cleared separately (all three machines have FAPT); looking through old posts here and only found references to 10tf controls. Do you have anything for the 15tf?
    Hello again

Today Memoryman told me to clear fapt side pressing BS key while power on, then mý machine is working, Another 3 machine also working, im so glad to meet with like this valuable Person in here

First of all Thank you so much memoryman and fordav, and Others Who helping people as volunteer

Regards
    Last edited by freemanxxx; 04-18-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks, fordav11. Never had to do that.

Hello
    We have a takisava tm-20 lathe machine with fanuk f15tf
    Machine memory cleared because of battery go down and I have an error "ram parity (base 0)"
    I clear all memories with pressing 7 , 9 keys while power on the machine and access IPL menu.
    And when I exit IPL I still have that error.
    I dont have any bachup from my machine data
    Please someone help me for reactive ma machine
    ????????????????????

Try to start the machine while pressing Tthe BS key,that will clear Fapt and should start

Page 1 of 2 12