584,802 active members*
4,742 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Bending, Forging, Extrusion... > Press brake retrofit software options

Hybrid View

Press brake retrofit software options

Looking for control retrofit options for a hydraulic press brake. Will be removing the mech activated servo valves and setting up a Y1 Y2 servo valves with linear encoders. Looking for something like a simple fill in the blank format for in for like punch # die # etc, and then able to do the same to build a small multi bend program entering the bend angle, length , finger ht, crown, etc. Also wanting a display of posistions. Would like to have it setup so that with minimal training almost anyone could walk up to it and program a simple bracket.

Machine has a X, R back gage and motor controlled crowning. Electronic controlled pressure valve as well.

I looked into Fasfold, and while it is really neat and would do everything I want, its a bit out of my budget. Looked and Camsoft non G code version with a 8 axe galil card, and while it would probably work, have heard alot of bad stories about them. Mach 3 won't do the closed loop needed for the hydraulic valves.

Its an old Komatsu PHS 80x255, current control inop and bad boards.

Re: Press brake retrofit software options

Did you ever make any progress with your retrofit? I have the same Komatsu press brake and it is in need of a new control. Also do you have any of the old control parts available? Trying to get this thing fired up to get by but need to figure out a long term solution.

Thanks!
    Jared

Quote Originally Posted by JWFAB View Post
    Did you ever make any progress with your retrofit? I have the same Komatsu press brake and it is in need of a new control. Also do you have any of the old control parts available? Trying to get this thing fired up to get by but need to figure out a long term solution.

Thanks!
    Jared
    It's running, everything works like it should, some could be better just need more time tweaking. I don't have any of the old stuff anymore.
    It would probably be easier to buy a control kit with valves, servos etc all designed to work together from the start.

Oh and I went with an Icon Control 6 axis , planning on modding back gage to independent moving fingers in near future. I got it from these guys. But installed it myself.
    controlretrofit.com

Quote Originally Posted by JPMach View Post
    Oh and I went with an Icon Control 6 axis , planning on modding back gage to independent moving fingers in near future. I got it from these guys. But installed it myself. controlretrofit.com
    Hello! I've been talking directly with Icon in Australia about their Icon 100 control module, which interfaces to a PC (theirs or yours) for UI. Curious what your experience has been with their older control? Anything that would prevent you from recommending it? I downloaded the demo to run Icon 100 on a PC and have to say I'm impressed. Cybelec controls seem deranged. Delem looks better, but either is pretty expensive. Thanks!

Control has been great, the guys in Australia are great to talk to. I have a few little bugs in my system yet, but they were/are working with me to find them, mostly I just havent had the time to dive back into it to find the few issues yet (mechanical not controller related) as the press works fairly well and have been super busy. Once those things are found and fixed I think the press will be even better than it is now (which is making good parts). I highly recommend Icon control for a brake.

CYBELEC control.