585,877 active members*
3,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > I am looking for cad files for an all aluminum machine

I am looking for cad files for an all aluminum machine

I have been hanging around and reading about cnc routers till I cant read any more. I have to start building now. I read a post today from someone who said " my heart drops when I see another design show up, with out the follow thru of building it." or something to that effect.

I was thinking about designing one myself because I havnt found plans for a good one. Having been designing and building stuff for a long time, there are always things to learn the hard way. I dont realy need to learn those things right now. Its all been done before, I just want to build the damn thing and make my stuff.

I am thinking all aluminum with the exception of a steel table and legs.
    I need the cad files so I can modify the parts to my specs.
    I dont mind paying for this, I just cant find the right one.

Does anyone know of such a machine I could build? The k2 is like what I am thinking of, I just need the cad files.

Thanks JK

Data Cut

Thanks, ViperTX

That looks just about what I am looking for. Do you have any experience with this machine or are you just aware of its existance?

JK

I bought the plans, they are very detailed and seemed quite good. I opted to design my own, based on materials available on ebay, so I sold the plans.

Thanks again Viper
    I am about half tempted to do the same. I just know there are some hard lessons ahead. Yeah I will get thru it, but sometimes I wish I wasnt so adventurous.
    If I could ask. What did you buy?
    what kind of slides have you decided to use.
    what type of lead screw?

thanks JK

I designed my own. I used some low-profile linear rails and mounted them on 80/20 for the x-axis. For the y-axis (gantry) I found some Thompson 25 rails which I mounted on some Mic6 3/4 inch jig plate. The verticals of the gantry are 1inch Mic6.

Ordered some 3/4inch ballscrews from Mc Master Carr (Nook ballscrews with Thompson ballnuts), turned the ends myself.

I bought the end bearing and nuts from Misumo (metric ones)....this was necessary because when you turn down the 3/4inch ballscrews you need to have 2 steps.....one if the bearing journal and the nut to pre-load the bearing and the 2nd is the timing pulley which I ordered from Strock Drive (SDP).

It would have been much easier to go with a larger ballscrew.