584,830 active members*
5,738 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123

Re: Mach3 - USB motion card communication problem

Lawrence,

Unplug all the USB devices attached to the computer, then only attach the control and see if the device is displayed in the task manager and device manager.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Lawrence,

The card they are offering to send is a standard breakout board that interfaces with a parallel port. If you installed a PCI Parallel port interface card it will work (as long as the computer has 32 bit Windows), there are tens of thousands of Mach3 users with that configuration.

See attached link for LPT interface adapter.

siig pci parallel port card | eBay

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Hi Jeff,
    In Device manager it s clearly there
    In the task manager I'm not sure what I should be looking for.
    Here are some screenshots.

I was wondering if you could be bothered to log in to my computer via Windows remote assistance or If we could set up a Skype meeting. Maybe we can agree on a fee for that or I can offer you a free stay in a miniflat in a beautiful part of Norway :-)

Attachment 279190
    Attachment 279192
    Attachment 279194
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8790.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	279196

How about using teamviewer instead?

1: Go to TeamViewer - Free Remote Control, Remote Access & Online Meetings

2: When installing choose "Personal/Non-commercial Use"

3: Start Teamviewer

4: send me a personal message using the CNCZone private messenger with "Your ID" and "Password"

$: I will remotely connect and see if we can find the issue

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P.M..jpg   TM.jpg   TM.jpg  

I'm interested in this solution as well. I have the exact same issue with the same card and driver file. I've also tried all of the solutions recommended in the thread (and others) and had no success.

I am however not convinced that this issue is hardware / USB related. I have other implementations of Mach3 with SmoothStepper boards (both USB and Ethernet) and even if the hardware is not connected at all, these boards still appear as an option in the "Motion Control Detected" popup when you launch - it's only if you select one of the disconnected cards that you get a warning that it's not connected.

With this chinese card, it's not even making it to that pop up, although it does appear in the list of plugins on the Config Menu. It's only if you force Mach3 to recognise it in this menu that you then get the Movement Warning at the next startup. It's as if Mach3 does not recognise this as a Motion Control plugin? On my other implementations, with SmoothStepper plugins installed, if I don't select them they still appear in the Config Menu, but are not ticked.

There must be something wrong with how this plugin is being initialised by Mach3 and as I say, I'm not convinced this is down to the hardware. Has anyone had it working with Mach3?

Northlight,

The issue is not what you would expect.

After reviewing the pictures of the controller, I recognized it is not a Leafboy controller.

The controller is a E-Cut and the vendors that resell it are providing the wrong drivers!

After installing the correct driver the card works without any weird error messages.

IMAGINE THAT E CUT DRIVERS ARE REQUIRED FOR A ECUT CONTROLLER

Jeff...

Jeff,
    Thanks for this and your quick reply!!!

I'll have to take a look at the card on my machine to check which one it is - as you suggest, I was directed to the LeafBoy driver by the machine vendor.

Do you have a link to the e-cut driver?

Thanks

Northlight,

See attached zip file, hopefully this helps.

Jeff...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello,

I seem to have the same problem as Lama2. I followed all the steps and replaced the USBMove with the e-cut.dll. I dont get the error anymore but mach3 won't drive my stepper. Could it be with e-cut plugin configurations ? I tried playing around with the mach3 motor pins but have had no luck. Also my stepper seems to heat up while connected, when I am trying to get it to work. I have no idea what to do next.

Hello,
    I just wanted to point out that I simply had the wrong plugin. The seller had insisted I should install the plugin for another controller (Xilifeng Mach3 USB motion card'). They were convinced they had installed that controller in my machine (I bought a completely assembled machine). Thanx to Jeff we found out I had an ECUT controller and needed the plugin (see his attachment below).

Once again, thanx jeff!! Hope you can help north light too

Hi Mistanutz! I have the same problem as you described. Did you solve your problem? I installed the ecut.dll but my stepper is not turming at all. Thank you in advance.
    As per the resistors in the input bar (332) this model is a 5v power supply input.
    Northlight told me that there are several models and its specific driver. I don't know how to identify what model mine is exactely. The only thing I know is 5V input.
    Additionally the screen config > config plugin > e-cut-cnc-usb-plugin does not allow me to update the plugin. This screen is different from the one we see in the ecut installation manual. Even if I change the plugin into the plugin root file, this pligin data won't change in this screen.
    I'm using windows 7 64bits in one laptop and 32bit in other laptop.
    Please could you help to get the proper driver to my model? Thank you in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160124_201043.jpg  

Help please! I'm getting the Art Code 8877 Error. Tried removing all plugins except the ndusb one. Also tried replacing the Mach3Mill xml. Both did not work. Please help. Newbie on CNC.

I'm having this same issue. A friend said his did this and he needed a new board. I bought a new board from Automation Technology in chicago.
    After the switching of the boards I'm still having the same issue. I tried reinstalling mach3 and now its saying theres no driver. I thought the driver would install with the mach3 install.
    So I'm lost

So I have a small home cnc machine. I have been using it for over a year. No problems. I haven't played with the settings, updates, or anything software wise nor hardware wise since I got it.
    I ran it for a few hours. A few days later I go to run it again to cut some stuff and I don't hear the normal hard Clank that the stepper motors do when I turn on the control box. Its more of a faint clank.
    So I do my normal thing. Hit STOP. Hit RESET in mach3 before I hit REF ALL. But when I hit reset I get this same message everyone here is getting. No Motion card detected.

A friend told me this happend to him and it was his breakout board. 200 later I bought a new breakout board from a company out of Chicago. I installed all the wires correctly...I took lots of pics and labeled the new one before I took out the old one.

Turn it on. Same thing.

So I tried the plugin update. Nothing.

Uninstalled mach3 and everything with it after saving my backup files and settings in a usb drive.

reinstalled mach3 and put in my files.

Saving theres no driver now and it also pops up the same motion card error.

Im really lost here. Any help would be great

What card did you buy?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Automation Technology Inc. item number KL-CNCUSB-3x-breakout Board. listed as: 3 AXIS CNC USB Card Mach3 200KHz breakout board.

Looks identical to my old one. My old one was a leafyboy card

Delete all files in your \Mach3\plugins folder.

Download the plugin from here:
    https://www.automationtechnologiesin...oad.php?id=302
    And copy the Usbmove.dll fil;e into your Mach3\plugins\ folder.

With the board powered up, start mach3, and it should recognize the card.

If it doesn't, go to the Function Cfg's menu, and select "Reset Sel Device", and restart Mach3.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Delete all files in your \Mach3\plugins folder.

Download the plugin from here:
    https://www.automationtechnologiesin...oad.php?id=302
    And copy the Usbmove.dll fil;e into your Mach3\plugins\ folder.

With the board powered up, start mach3, and it should recognize the card.

If it doesn't, go to the Function Cfg's menu, and select "Reset Sel Device", and restart Mach3.

I tried all this a few times and it still isn't work

What version of Mach3 are you using?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    What version of Mach3 are you using?
    I deleted all my mach3 and reinstalled it from their site. Downloads & Updates - Newfangled Solutions

Mach3

Page 2 of 3 123