585,754 active members*
3,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > Post file that works with Gcode for syntec

Post file that works with Gcode for syntec

Hi all im new to this forum.

I have a CNC machine with Syntec system and an AXYZ CNC machine which is getting old now.

i have been using Alphacam to do all my cad drawings and toolpaths before outputting the NC file to use in toolpath for windows. Toolpath lets me check everything is correct and send to machine.

This process works for me and this syntec system has completely confused me.

What i want to do is be able to draw and toolpath in alphacam then output a GCODE that will work on syntec.

has anyone got any ideas on where to start.

Artcam is what cam with the CNC but this software seems so useless to me i hope there is a solution to my problem.

Question Re: Post file that works with Gcode for syntec

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdragonv12 View Post

I have a CNC machine with Syntec system and an AXYZ CNC machine which is getting old now.

i have been using Alphacam to do all my cad drawings and toolpaths before outputting the NC file to use in toolpath for windows. Toolpath lets me check everything is correct and send to machine.

What i want to do is be able to draw and toolpath in alphacam then output a GCODE that will work on syntec.

Artcam is what cam with the CNC but this software seems so useless to me i hope there is a solution to my problem.
    I don't understand Your question? - You say, that it used to Work, but now it does not??
    Or is it another machine, that worked with "Toolpath for Windows"
    - why make this workaround ?
    why don't You just have a Postprocessor, writing correct to the Controller??

Sorry - I'm confused here

Re: Post file that works with Gcode for syntec

Hi Camnerd

Sorry for all the confusion. ok so what we have is alphacam with correct postprocessor working very well with our old AXYZ cnc machine we use toolpath for windows to output to machine. this way we can double check depths are all correct before cutting. so this works great for us.

so to the question:

we have purchases a new cnc machine from china and dont have a postprocessor to output our drawings and toolpaths from alphacam to use on this machine. this machine uses gcode and all the postprocessors that i have used dont load up on the syntec system when i use Nc file.
    Is there a way that i can get a post that is compatible with gcode? to use on this Chinese machine with an ATC Carousel.
    this syntec system is like alien to me so learning it as quick as i can.

i hope this is more understandable please let me know if not, i really need to get alphacam to work with machine.

many thanks for taking the time to reply

The Syntec Controls are normally compatible with the Fanuc 6M Post Processors as the G-Code is identical, the posts might need some tweaking in the Tool Change Section to match your machine and there might be some M-Codes that need to be added that are particular to your machine but basically a Fanuc 6M Post should work.
    If you're interested you can send me a .PDF of the Machines Control Programming Manual and I can edit a Post to suit your machine. ([email protected])

Regards,

Hi FranCNC

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. The CNC is a omni 1325 with ATC 8 tool changer.

and the post that you are suggesting makes sense to me as the machine has series 6 software.

I have attached the link to operational manual that has come with the machine. if you can edit the post to work with this machine it will amazing as currently it sits unused and useless to me.

http://www.servocontrolsystem.com/pr...ies_Manual.pdf

Looking forward to your reply.

Hello,

if you want i can write vba post for this machine. Let me know.

Marek

Hi FranCNC

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. The CNC is a omni 1325 with ATC 8 tool changer.

and the post that you are suggesting makes sense to me as the machine has series 6 software.

I have attached the link to operational manual that has come with the machine. if you can edit the post to work with this machine it will amazing as currently it sits unused and useless to me.

http://www.servocontrolsystem.com/pr...ies_Manual.pdf

Looking forward to your reply.
    Hi Shadowdragon12, I work for two medium sized carpentries, as a freelance, programming cam jobs in ALPHACAM for different purposes.
    In one of those companies, these cam program jobs are run in a 5 axis Biesse Rover A, but only using 3 axes most of the time. I Have a postprocessor edited specially for this Rover A cnc, so, once I finish a job, I "select NC post", and right after that I press "output NC to a disk",.. and that saves a *.anc file, which they run in the router and start the job.

Now, they have bought a ATC 1325 router (with tool carrousel) from OMNI, China, and it comes with what seems to be the famous SYNTEC panel. Now, we really do not know where to start... from what postprocessor this router uses, to how I can output the code to run in it, so far we know that we have to save the code to a pen drive and connect it to the control panel, and of course, run it from the syntec...
    Is not easy to us get good communication with Omni y this matter,.. what was your experience with them?,.. Thing is we are stuck. Is there any possibility that you can give me some clues to work with this ATC 1325. I know this can be annoying, but if you know a step by step, or a web, or YouTube video that can help me to run my alphacam jobs in this router. I'd be grateful. Of course we are thinking to pay some training, so if there a possibility of a Skype call or something like that, please tell me.
    If anyone else who read this can help me, would be grateful. thanks a lot.

my mail is [email protected]

Regards

Hi i have the same proplem did you find the solution to it