585,735 active members*
4,851 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Tri-onics millmaster help needed reviving the machine

Tri-onics millmaster help needed reviving the machine

Hi Everyone,
    I need help, I just acquired an old but very nice Tri-onics Millmaster but I do not have the manual so I am guessing at what 3 of the 4 switches control on the front of the cabinet. I know the broken switch second from the left controls the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]coolant [COLOR=blue ! important]pump[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] but the others? From following the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]wires[/COLOR][/COLOR] it looks like the switch on the far right turns on the 24v power to the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]control [COLOR=blue !important]boards[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] but from there I cannot trace any further due to the placement of the boards next to each other.

Second plea for help is I cannot get the axis drives to work? The control boards appear to be not powering up as the red LED indicators do not light up but there is 24V going to the cable junction and 44.5V going to the main board connector. When I try to move any axis by the control I get an axis position error. The readout and scales work fine and the programs go from block to block as expected until the position error comes up. I am not an electrical wizard so any help would be appreciated. It would be really nice to revive this machine that has been sitting for so many years to its full yet limited capabilities. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-04-28 16.12.00.jpg  

Re: Tri-onics millmaster help needed reviving the machine

Can anyone out there verify from looking at an operational machine if the red led lights on the power and drive boards are lit up when the machine is functioning? It has been since the mid 90's since I was around any of these and i seem to think on the older Handyman versions the lights only came on when there was a fault on that board? There has to be someone out there that has one of these in operation status. Thanks

Re: Tri-onics millmaster help needed reviving the machine

I just purchased the same machine. Mine works work good. Have you had any luck with ours??
    I'm always having a PICNIC....Problem In Chair Not In Computer!