584,858 active members*
4,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Hurco bmc30 help

Quote Originally Posted by RichardEisenman View Post
    you want to boot up on DOS 6.22 and use the DIS FDISK that is on the DOS 6.22 disk
    > I ask this because the linux guys recommend not using linux fdisk if you are configuring the drive for DOS

Regarding how you partition with Fdisk specifically: it depends on the HURCO OS version you are installing. Here are some notes for versions 1.xx and 2.xx https://goo.gl/kCkKvk
    The 2 links you listed (install notes and the file with hurco utilities ) was perfect , I dragged (drug) out another old computer i had that allowed me to set the hard drive params in the bios ,,copied the hurco files I downloaded from your link to a floppy , discovered the floppy drive in the computer i was using to load all this was bad ( reason why i couldn't find a drive letter for it previously) changed it out and everything went perfect.. I followed your notes to a tee except that my floppy drive is b: instead of a: but that was no problem to figure out.
    The bad news is hurco still won't load.
    one question would be that in my config file from the config floppy there is 3 versions listed, v1_34, v1_35 , v1_54.. v1_54 was the last one created on the floppy so that was the only one I copied to the hard drive , is this correct?? or do I need to make dir for each of them and copy them all? If i only needed the latest version,, which I did put on the hard drive,, then maybe I have more problems.
    And I want to thank you greatly for all your patience and information, It's not running yet but at least I'm further along than I was.

> my floppy drive is b: instead of a: but that was no problem to figure out.
    RE: How to change the floppy from B: to A:
    Floppy cables usually have two connectors on the ribbon, one is wired straight through, the other has a 'cross-over'. Just move the floppy from one to the other connector and it will switch between B: and A:
    > my config file from the config floppy there is 3 versions listed, v1_34, v1_35 , v1_54.. v1_54
    The directory C:\CONFIG\V1_54 is what you need assuming you have version 1.54 installation disks (do you?). I believe with Version 1.54 you would be doing a manual install (same as I am used to doing with version 1.64 with which I have some experience).
    > hurco still won't load
    You would have to provide more detail .

yes v1_54 is what the other 3 disks are
    I'm fine with the floppy being "b:" I have dos burned to a cd so I can just leave it in , the computer assigned it "A:" presumably because i booted from it .
    my original problem was the floppy drive i had was bad , i went through the alphabet trying to find it ,,i know,,, crazy right?

lastly popped my new built hard drive in the hurco and it just sits at a blinking cursor on the left screen,,I had really hoped this solved my problems especially after discovering they had wiped the hard drive before i bought it.
    Bloke had suggested holding the clear key down when booting to display bios info ,, that is a no go on this machine and in another post i read the bios is set in the eproms,, not that i understood the difference because I always thought of the bios chip as a sort of eprom,, oh well
    the most i've seen it do since ownership is loading from floppy drive it will load the first disk saying "loading EXECUTIVE 001" then when it asks for the second disk it says "disk sub system failed to initialize"
    I bought the machine for basically scrap price (it cost me more to get it home than i paid for it) , but they had the cover off the spindle motor and the fan removed ,looking down in the motor I could see a fair amount of aluminum chips,, i was hoping that had been the problem and everything else still worked but not looking like that is the case.I'm just used to using an old bridgeport clone that I cnc ed and always thought, wouldn't it be great to have a toolchanger,,

but did you set the BIOS CHS on the HURCO motherboard in the machine ? See my notes. You have to attach a keyboard etc, etc. anyway, send me an email ryeisenman at gmail.com

Hello all,
    I have a Hurco Hawk 5 (Ultimax SSM) using a 486DX computer. Thursday, the display went out which I replaced this a stand-alone monitor. Then, the hard drive died. I do not have a backup of the drive. No one here has the software. I replaced the HD with a similar size that has WFW3.1 (windows for workgroups 3.1 using DOS 6.1) on it and it boots just fine. Does anyone here have a copy of the OS?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardEisenman View Post
    but did you set the BIOS CHS on the HURCO motherboard in the machine ? See my notes. You have to attach a keyboard etc, etc. anyway, send me an email ryeisenman at gmail.com
    Hello, I have a BMC30 machine with Max3 control. I have just change the mother PCB (the old one was faulty no screen). The problem is that the new mother PCB has got the different HDD parameters already set in BIOS (CyL: 820, HDS 6 , SEC: 17)They are wrong for my Hard drive ST3145A.

When I set the proper Hard drive parameters in BIOS and press F10 to save it – it is not remember the parameters and they come back to the wrong ones when get back in to the BIOS again.

I connected the CMOS battery (The old mother PCB was working without baterries) but still the same. It is not remember the parameters.

When booting there is a read error message – please see attachment.

Thank you for any advices.

Page 2 of 2 12