585,975 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > Doosan Lynx 22lma and MX4 trying my hardest to change post.

Doosan Lynx 22lma and MX4 trying my hardest to change post.

Hello,

Our shop just acquired a Doosan Lynx 220lm a yr 2007, Its a decent lil machine and ive been given the task of programming the girl.. Mind you I am a complete self taught newb in this field, but I learn quick and am up to a challenge, in my arsenal is a copy of MX4. Ive been practicing on and off with it along with AutoCAD 2014 for a year or so. My issue is that the standard C axis slant bed lathe post that comes with MX4 just does not seen to post according to how my machine wants to be communicated with. Naturally several M codes are completely wrong IE live tool spindle on, parts catcher, bar feed, chuck clamp/unclamp. Some G code IE axis prepratory functions and polar coordinate select/unselect... even the C axis numbers look a bit off on C axis face contour/pocket.. How on earth can I edit this post to make things work with my M codes on the machine along with some cleaning up on the G code?. Ive tried my hardest to sift through the PPR and most of it looks like chinese. Does someone out there have the same Doosan lynx or A PUMA C axis, could ya lend a guy a hand with some pointers?

for example I would generally like my first few lines to look like

G0 G40 G80 G99 G54;
    T() M3 (turning) (OR M33 with G97 G98 ipm?? for live tooling fwd)
    G28 U0 W0 (OR G28 U0 W0 H0 with live tool active)
    M8

Re: Doosan Lynx 22lma and MX4 trying my hardest to change post.

Made a few M code changes after a search on this forum. will post to see if things look a bit better. any help would be great. everyday I get better at understanding this magical world of post processors and all the hard work involved inmaking a solid post.