584,833 active members*
5,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

solidcam simulate 4th axis rotation

Hi there,
    Need help with solidcam to configure gMill_Haas_4x_eval to simulate 4th axis rotation.
    Just built the 4th rotary axis and added to my DIY 3 axis CNC.
    Unfortunately I am not able to make solidcam to simulate/rotate the A axis (around X).
    I am testing with a simple disk having coordinate system in the center / Xaxis normal to the disk.
    I use Machine: gMill_Haas_4x_eval coming with solidcam 2013.

Your advice is highly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hass_4x_1.jpg  

Re: solidcam simulate 4th axis rotation

You have to make a 4 axis tool path to simulate 4-axis . The operation you created is imachining 3D which is a 3 axis tools path . This video might help
    CAM SolidCAM for Art - YouTube

Fantastic, finally I can see it rotating . I really appreciate your help. I have bookmark your link.

Is the machine simulation hard to configure? When running machine simulation it claims:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\SolidCAM\SolidCAM2014\Ta bles\MachSim\TableTable_New not found!
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\SolidCAM\SolidCAM2014\Ta bles\MachSim\TableTable_New\TableTable_New.xml not found!
    Tool is not defined in machine simulation xml file.

Thanks again. It will take me some time to digest it but it is absolutely perfect.
    Appreciate your library 

Just discovered the "SolidCAM Milling Help" as a very detailed and useful documentation.

I have the 4th axis functional now and testing with a more complicated shape. Still would like your help in matching the right operation for this shape. I have tried with contour and face but the chains are not correct. If you would like to point me in the right direction for the right operation I would really appreciate it very much. I am attaching the image.
    Attachment 280230

Post the solid file here we might able to help

Thank you for spending the time with my project. Please find attached worm3.SLDPRT in zip format.
    Besides the contours on the edges of the disk, winding around y axis I couldn't find an operation to cut each "pocket"...

you have to use multi-axis tool paths to for those surfaces . i have done a sample for you
    Attachment 280336Attachment 280338
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8taeglboj...20new.exe?dl=0

You may wonder why I didn't provide any feedback in the last two days. First, I was really impressed about your very professional presentation. I appreciate your time and skills. Second, I tried to follow your recommendations. I am not yet there but I got the idea.
    I try though to understand where you got the surface for first operation “ParC”. In my “CAD selection” it is a feature “Cut_Sweep1”, with sketch4 /circle and leading curve sketch1 /circle.

Alright ! To create a presentation select machine simulation then go to file tab select create a presentation it will create a file for you in order to view the file you need solidcam installed

About the first operation I created a configuration which hides the cut-sweep2 and the curve pattern1 this way you could easily select the surface . The operation is parallel to curves . I hope you know how to select the geometry for this operation. In tool axis control / click on the rotary axis and select point tool to rotary axis this way the tool will stand straight and use roughing passes if you actually gonna machine the part

For second operation change the configuration to default now you have your cuts visible . The operation is morph between two boundary curves and I choose a lollipop mill for this coz the cut seems inward which can't reach with a regular ball endmill . Hope you got the idea
    Cheers

Following “Danijel Djurica’s tutorial about: “SolidCAM: How to build machine simulation for 4-axis machine” I start creating my .stl files for a basic CNC 3x+rotary axis. There were two questions popping out along the process:
    1. There is no option to “export” from VMid editor. I could see the same question in 2014 (Machine simulation and XML file / imachining-6061 / 09-19-2014, 07:50 AM) with no replies.
    So I have created a basic 4X.xml file using Machine Simulator and the Solid Cam Milling Help but no other details. Even the help has numerous inconsistencies, starting with the “Save as” which strictly saves only with vmid extension. I cannot see yet the use of 4X.vmid tool if the simulation looks only after 4X.xml.
    2. My next step is creating the G code. What would be the post processor 4X.GPP suitable for this basic 4X CNC or what’s the procedure to build it?

All the time I appreciate your help.

Hope you got the machine simulation working ? For the Gpp use the generic haas SS 4x machine type it will post the Gcode but you need to confirm the rotary direction

Quote Originally Posted by mycnc2012 View Post
    Following “Danijel Djurica’s tutorial about: “SolidCAM: How to build machine simulation for 4-axis machine” I start creating my .stl files for a basic CNC 3x+rotary axis. There were two questions popping out along the process:
    1. There is no option to “export” from VMid editor. I could see the same question in 2014 (Machine simulation and XML file / imachining-6061 / 09-19-2014, 07:50 AM) with no replies.
    So I have created a basic 4X.xml file using Machine Simulator and the Solid Cam Milling Help but no other details. Even the help has numerous inconsistencies, starting with the “Save as” which strictly saves only with vmid extension. I cannot see yet the use of 4X.vmid tool if the simulation looks only after 4X.xml.
    2. My next step is creating the G code. What would be the post processor 4X.GPP suitable for this basic 4X CNC or what’s the procedure to build it?

All the time I appreciate your help.
    Hi there, I'm building my machine sim also and crossed the same problem, when i right click the machine there's no Export to MachSim option, can you tell me how did you create de xml file?

best regards

Make a copy of an xml file rename it with the name of your machine
    put it on the directory where it should be
    edit it clean the geometry and the axes of the old machine with machfile
    save it
    no go back to MachineIdEditor.exe with the name of your machine
    and do like in the video

Hello everyone

I have come across the same problem, there is no "export to machsim" in my solidcam as well. Therefore I have try the method that "rokag3 " provide. I go in to MachSim and open a existing xml file, but it does not allow me to edit it. Does anyone know why ? or can help me out ?

Also does it mean there is no point make your own post(the one create by machine editor)? since you are not able to combine and export it to Machsim ??

Best Regards

Attachment 325144

Did you find a way to create a XML file for simulation?

Great! I got it working too!
    thanks a lot rokag3

Hello everyone , i have the same problem as you have with NO EXPORT TO MACHSIM .Can you help me with this !
    Thanks a lot !

Solidcam 2019 simulation is great all ok but the code is wrong only A axis 1 position will post other degree not posting using a fanuc 4x eval post is there any post processor error or I don't know please help