585,744 active members*
4,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DX 32 back up software

Hello everyone. Local community college closed it's machine shop course and I was able to buy a near mint Torq cut 22, for very little. Z axis board was blown but found replacement on E-bay for 500. The machine is now operational. I received the service and programming manuals but no back up soft ware. My concern is that it is a 19 year old computer and hard drive. Is there anyone who has the program that I could get a copy of for "just in case". Also , what would be the best/ easiest cad/ cam program I could use that won't break the bank. My understanding is that the DX 32 g-code is a little bit different than normal modern g-code. Any direction, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance. I reposted this because I think I might have used the wrong prefix the first time.

Re: DX 32 back up software

Good morning,

I dont have any of the software, but I just spoke with the OEM and we can still get software for it. Let me know if you are interested.

Jon
    H&W Machine Repair

Re: DX 32 back up software

If the machine is operational, you should be able to back-up to a floppy yourself. I think there is a batch file called MAKEDISK.BAT on the machine you can run which, reportedly in the echo lines, backs up the necessary files for disaster recovery. There may be a way to execute this from the DX32 software, I just couldn't find it in the Maintenance Page on a precursory look so did it from the DOS prompt. I recommend you make images of that back-up floppy as well so you are not relying on the reliability/longevity floppies and drives. You could find DOS utility to back the entire C: drive image.

Likely, the computer inside the TC22 has the typical PCI solid state DOM (disk on module) with no moving parts. I replaced the floppy with a USB emulator (SFR1M44-U100K ~$25 bucks on Ebay) which is much more convenient..