584,814 active members*
5,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GE mark century 2000 drip feeding

I have a GE mark century 2000 control linked to CIMCO DNC max ver 5 software. It is fine for transferring file both to and from the control and my office PC. file transfer is via ethernet and RS232 conector at the control.
    Does any one have any ideas on how to get this control to drip feed/DNC??

DNC for GE 2000

That's kinda old, but if my memory serves, I seem to recall that this control uses a unique protocol for DNC (RS-491 level II?). I don't think you'll find much that supports it anymore. Don't know that there was much even in the day, although these guys reference it in their literature (http://thedra.com/brochures/DNC_Brochure.pdf).

Best thing may be to just ask your vendor.
    Paul Sevin - Ovation Engineering, Inc.
    http://www.ovationengineering.com

The Ge Mark century 2000 control has a TERM button which alows access to a COMMAND page. Which in turn gives me the following options:-

Activate MCL debug
    Change privilege
    Output table data
    Banner display
    Option display
    DNC control

On selecting DNC Control the following options appear:-

A = to abort transfer in protocol mode
    D = Disconnect port A when in dialog mode
    C = to connect port A when Disconnect mode

ENTER A,D,or C

Presumably because files load correctly from my PC to control memory the handshaking/protocol is correct for the RS232 connector on the control.

Or am I assuming too much?

I'm considering trying to DNC a program using one of these options above.
    I'm guessing option C would make the connection.

I think that sending the file from the PC and then setting the machine Control would be the safest way to try (with FEED HOLD on of course)

Your houghts please.

P.S.

If you think that control is old I also run a 1983 BOSTOMATIC 312 with an SPC2 control.
    But both machines are in excellent condition and used onlty for R & D work with max batches of 100 components.

Sorry, but it sounds like you have a much better handle on it than I. I suspect that your approach (selecting "C" with hand on feed hold) is the best approach at this point.
    Paul Sevin - Ovation Engineering, Inc.
    http://www.ovationengineering.com

Hello ncmas
    Can you sending me wiring and parameter's detail's please for GE control. I have not DNC control available at the moment, but I hope that i can realise file transfer. Am I wrighte or not?
    TIA

Hi
    I have the same issues, I have a rev5.2 control with lots of memory and no Dnc and a rev6. control with dnc control and only parts of a dnc manual and no comunications manual, thus I have no idea on program call settings for dnc.
    load /out is a totally seperate setup and is easy to setup .
    The dnc capable control would be best to use but had a 12 tool changer and the machine has 24 tools and I need to change the pulse count for the indexing of tools . This may need a full reload from what I can tell in the msd manual.
    anyone keen to help?
    I have seen lots of questions given vague answers by people who know these controls in 6mnths searching on web, so a more indepth answer would be great, GE don't care what we do with these now, so no worries there
    Cheers

ps I run/program and service machines with Fanuc, mazak, heidenhain, Okuma, Seimens, and now Ge Mark Century 2000 controls (this one my own 5 axis mill)