584,837 active members*
5,959 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > cincinnatti 1250 error 42-11 APC START FAIL

Question cincinnatti 1250 error 42-11 APC START FAIL

HI , WE HAVE A CINCINNATTI ARROW 1250, THE POST CHECK COMPLETES WITHOUT FAILURES, BUT WE HAVE AN ERROR 42-11, WE VERIFY CABLES AND SWITCHES IN THE CONNECTOR(FIRST AND LAST CLOSE), ANY SUGGESTION TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE ARE WELCOME.
    THANKS

RGARCIAI1965

Re: cincinnatti 1250 error 42-11 APC START FAIL

It would be helpful if you included what the error 42-11 said on the screen or in the book and what control is on this machine, Cinci used several controls on the ARROW machines.

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Hi meckardt55, the system is Acramatic 2100 , the message is "APC start fail" alarm 42-11, also we have a message that said "Permanent options not restored" alarm 77-7 before the APC failure. The the hardware diagsnostic startup do not show any failure, we have an alrm in the SIMODRIVE 611 , error E-A831(wich belongs to a profibus failure comm) ,also the leds in the Profi DP card remains RED after the post, do you know how we can verify profibus communication?

rgarciai1965

You must have a ARROW 2 which has Siemens drives. It sounds like you have a few different errors going on. What happened that lead up to this problem??

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Maverick help us to reflash the RT board and verify the WS , before this we have an issue with the DV5 card (it was faulted evry time we start the control) after he fix the RT & WS card, that solve the problem, but appears the Alarm 77-7 & 42-11.
    rgarciai1965

Also we have a problem with the Pendant, sometimes works , we have a failure with the Acramatic 2100 software, and ask to recover from a malfunction, and we need to select from two recover files that show us, we select the newer, and apply the recover. After this the system restarts, and the Pendant works only for the time we have the control On, when we restarts the machine, the failure with the pendant happens again, I'm not sure if this failure have a relation with the APC start fail.

rgarciai1965

As long as you are asking others to try and help you, to be clear, your original contact to me indicated the Permanent Options not restored alarm already existed, and it is likely the APC alarm was also there but you were not able to view it because of the other alarms that were occurring. Before I received the boards, I even mentioned that based on the alarms you had described, once the boards were fixed and back in the machine, you would still have issues to resolve. Without providing accurate information it will make it difficult for other people here to give you suggestions that are actually helpful.

Based on what I've seen in the past, it is likely the board issues I resolved occurred because of the work that was being done to the machine trying to resolve the other issues. This control has been known to lose the BIOS from the boards even when the batteries are good if someone is troubleshooting with the power on. For example, I know of this occurring when someone "wiggled" a relay while troubleshooting an issue with their ATC.

Also now that I read this post, your mention of software recovery was omitted from the history you provided to me on the events that led up to the current alarms. It makes it far more difficult to help you troubleshoot if you don't give me the relevant information on everything that was done in trying to fix the machine before contacting me. I can't think of a single customer that has told me they used this recovery to revert to an earlier version without it creating issues with the hard drive, and unfortunately no two have ever been exactly the same to resolve.

I sent you a message with a few questions and items to check before I read this, so hopefully they will get us somewhere in resolving your problems.