585,996 active members*
4,628 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > Modifying an Alhpacam post processor

Modifying an Alhpacam post processor

I am trying to turn on the coolant functions in my post for Alphacam 2014 r2 standard router.
    In my post the coolant section is short and doesn't show the M codes. I have a generic 3 axis post that has the block of code I need. (below)
    $----------------------- COOLANT OFF/MIST/FLOOD/TOOL CODES ------------------
    Codes in $150 to $153 are assigned to CLT as required for each path
    $150 Code to Turn Coolant OFF
    M09
    $151 Code to apply MIST Coolant
    M07
    $152 Code to apply FLOOD Coolant
    M08
    $153 Code to apply THROUGH TOOL Coolant
    M10
    $--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a copy of my working post and copied the block into, but it still didn't work.

The problem is, it's called with a CLT from higher in the post. In the generic post, it is called from the rapids xy section and in the drill cycles.
    The Rapid XY section in my working post is radically different, (and I don't have any drill cycles). I don't know what effect it will have to monkey with it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Modifying an Alhpacam post processor

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Thompson View Post
    I am trying to turn on the coolant functions in my post for Alphacam 2014 r2 standard router.
    In my post the coolant section is short and doesn't show the M codes. I have a generic 3 axis post that has the block of code I need. (below)
    $----------------------- COOLANT OFF/MIST/FLOOD/TOOL CODES ------------------
    Codes in $150 to $153 are assigned to CLT as required for each path
    $150 Code to Turn Coolant OFF
    M09
    $151 Code to apply MIST Coolant
    M07
    $152 Code to apply FLOOD Coolant
    M08
    $153 Code to apply THROUGH TOOL Coolant
    M10
    $--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a copy of my working post and copied the block into, but it still didn't work.

The problem is, it's called with a CLT from higher in the post. In the generic post, it is called from the rapids xy section and in the drill cycles.
    The Rapid XY section in my working post is radically different, (and I don't have any drill cycles). I don't know what effect it will have to monkey with it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Ron,

What you done is correct but you also now have to write [CLT] with the square brackets in the lines of the post where you want the coolant to be activated,
    i.e. in the $20 Section
    N[N] G0 X[AX] Y[AY]
    N[N] G0 G43 Z[AZ] H[T] [CLT]

When a post has been edited it needs to be reloaded in the Cad/Cam Screens (if open) for the edits to take effect.

Re: Modifying an Alhpacam post processor

Thanks!
    I suspected something like that. Sorry for the delay in answering, I was off work a couple of days.
    I appreciate your help.