585,948 active members*
3,699 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SCM Routech 130

Recently purchased a used Routech 130 and Got set up with SCM for machine reinstatement. I am trying to avoid having them send someone out to go through the machine and pay for training. I have the machine up and running. After reading the manuals on the machine itself and the Panel Mac and Zilog plus software I am able to run programs that were in the machine when I purchased it but my issue is with the Z axis "calibration" I can calibrate the machine but I'm having to fudge the overall tool height dimensions in the tool library in order to get it to cut at the proper height. I'm also getting random hood errors on programs I write and I think its my Z issue. There must be a way to set Z to know the top of my spoil board? I can't find anything in the documentation and when I call SCM they are guarded with information and want to send someone to train me. I'm 95% there I think I just need a little help. Thank you so much.

Gary

Re: SCM Routech 130

Hi there

I used to work on SCM machines a lot. I believe the issue might have to do with where the machine is taking the z=0 point from. I think it may be the configuration settings "Programming Z dimension". Is yours set to '+' (1) or '-' (0)? The machines I worked with had it set to '-' and it took the top of the workpiece to be Z=0. The other option would be the top of the table is Z=0.

Michael

A similar question was asked here:

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/comme...ml#post2581095

I'll check that. Thank you! I'll report back.

Found a Z offset in the machine configuration file. Adjusted it and I'm all good. Thanks

Did you get this machine going? ive got an accord 20 and would love to chat a little with someone whose got it running!