Ok, so im about to pull the trigger on one of those 4 axis 6040 machines one ebay. From what I have read, everybody seems to agree the controllers and cables are garbage.

SOOO..... Everyone who upgrades controller is using the Gecko 540? Im unfamiliar with aftermarket controllers. My routers at work are multicam 1000 and 3000 series. When I have a problem they send a tech out, lol.

So should I buy a g540 at the same time, and just save myself the hassle of dealing with chinese controller? And the cables everyone is upgrading, can someone shed some light? are the premade cables with specific connections? or you guys buying generic shielded cable?

And the spindle, I was considering just running the 800w spindle, but Im terrified ill be disappointed. 99% of the stuff Ill be cutting with be 1/4" alum or less.

Im shooting to keep the whole build around 2500. I figure the machine is 1600 on ebay, and that leaves 900 for software and controller upgrade. Is 2500$ enough to get it up and running reliably?