Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
I guess the concern is that anytime you have "other" processes or factors (even the monitor/mouse/keyboard sharing switch which I have on my main office system - works great!) that the computer running the Tormach can receive some sort of minor spike or resource jump that can cause the system to hiccup a little while the machine is running code. I could see no problem jumping back and forth if the Tormach is just sitting there idle. However, if I was in the middle of a part run I would not do anything that could cause a hiccup. Even things like the monitor going into sleep mode has caused issues on our fabric CNC cutting machines.

Dedicated CPU doing one task (running the Tormach) = less issues to troubleshoot if something goes wrong.

For me, surfing the net, reading a PDF, checking G-Codes can all be done from a tablet. And hey, I can even take that into the toilet with me while the Tormach is running a part :-)

Later,
Awall
G'day Awall,

I had no intention of running an "nc" program and then flicking over to the other poota .... I'm not that brave

Michael