585,676 active members*
5,868 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Art Code 8877

Hey everyone,

Not sue if this Art Code 8877 has been brought up before, but wondering if anyone can shed some more light on the subject.

Got a new PC, Windows 7, 64-bit, just downloaded latest Mach3 today. Hooked via USB to a XHC-MK4 breakout board (with power supplied as well) purchased from Automation Technologies. That is as far as I have gotten building a setup for a Taig. Promise was made by them that following the instructions, this would be plug and play. Only thing plug and play these days is maybe a cell phone charger plugged into the USB port.

Instructions were to copy NCusbPod.dll into the plugins folder. Easy. Once that was done, open Mach 3 Loader, select Mill or Mach3Mill (what's the difference?) select NCusbPod-XHC-Mach3-USB-Motion Card, "don't as me this again" button and OK. Count to 10 and the "Error Found, Art Code 8877" message appears. Happens EVERY time.

Have renamed plugins folder and made a new plugins folder with only the NCusbPod.dll file in it. Made no difference. Tried another computer, (Windows 7 32-bit), and get exactly the same result.

Emailed their tech support, hopefully will get an answer. Was going to go with the Leafboy77 board, I already have one running the laser with absolutely no issues except for the usual annoying Mach3 quirks that you have to overlook, not related to the card at all. Wanted to buy the card but was convinced by the sales guy that the MX4 card had more capabilities. Whatever.

Considered Mach4, but seems hardware is very limited and wary of having to cram and learn Mach4 and want to stick with what I know now.

Please let me know what you all think.

Re: Art Code 8877

FYI, to anyone with this Art Code 8877 issue, and any who may search for this error code, I solved it a while back and it was an easy fix. Automation Technologies emailed me their latest .dll file. Copied into the Mach3 plugins folder and problem went away. No issues with it since.

I have recently run into the same issue getting the 8877 error. I contacted Automation Technologies and someone named Linda sent my inquiry to Arturo at CNC4PC.
    He said he had never heard of this error before. pw8687 is there any way you can send me the .dll file you mentioned?

Thanks,
    Mitch

Mitch, give me a couple days to get that file to you. It made the code go away, but have had several other issues with this Mk3 interface board, not sure what one you've got. I am going to get rid of the MK3 board and go with the Leafboy77 I now have on hand. I have two other machines running the Leafboy77 and are bulletproof. Let me get back to u in a couple days when I get back to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchP View Post
    I have recently run into the same issue getting the 8877 error. I contacted Automation Technologies and someone named Linda sent my inquiry to Arturo at CNC4PC.
    He said he had never heard of this error before. pw8687 is there any way you can send me the .dll file you mentioned?

Thanks,
    Mitch

I'm using a C11 break out board from Automation Technology. I'm new to all this and its the first machine I've built. It's complete except for attaching and wiring in the limit/stop switches on the X & Y axis.

I got the code to go away for the most part after I fix a wiring problem on one of the stepper motors. It still pops up from time to time but usually it's when I make to many wrong click in Mach3. I've been told by Aurtoro from CNC4PC that a USB smooth stepper simply won't work at all with a Windows 7, 64-bit machine. I've asking the smooth step people and am awaiting an answer. So far when running the motor tuner and some simple G code on Mach3 it has worked fine.

I would like to use the file. Maybe it will get the error code to go away all together?
    Thanks for your help,

Mitch

Mitch,

Sorry I drug/dragged my feet on this. I hope you are making some headway on resolving this 8877 issue. I have attached a .rar with the plugin (tried to send the .dll but cnczone sees it as an invalid file) I am now using, but donno if it will be compatible with your interface board. Just be aware to keep and segregate the plugin you have already, so you can revert back to it if this one doesn't work or causes some other chaos.

Pete

I am experiencing the same exact thing.
    Windows XP 32bit, fresh install of Mach3 (latest version), XHC Motion Controller, getting error 8877 every time I load Mach3.
    I did download the newer driver dll from w8697's attachment, still getting same error.
    Has anyone figured this out?

Thank you!

Sam,

I had that same board, it is now sitting on my lower shelf waiting to go out to the range. Maybe will post pics after it gets intimate with my AR-15. Attached is the last file I got from Automation Technologies (is this the company you bought it from?), but... it might be the same one I posted before. I pulled this one directly from the last email with them. They were helpful, exchanged probably 10 emails with attachments until I finally got the board to work sort of correctly, but not correctly enough. Then I replaced it. I totally understand the aggravation.

Pete

Try deleting any other files in your Mach3\Plugins\ folder.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yes I have deleted the other files in the plugins folder, same thing. I've also tried 5 different older versions of Mach3, same thing.
    This is my first cnc project so this is confusing and aggravating. w8697 what board did you end up getting? this may end up in the range also.

What is more annoying is that I have like 10 seconds to spare once Mach3 opens before the error pops up, so during this time I can manually jog my "test axis" and it DOES work. So it is communicating properly. Being a programmer maybe I could crack this one, something is coming up in code after 10 seconds of Mach3 load, actually more specifically the plugin.

Example: I can start and run Mach3 using a default plugin with no error, when I enable the plugin in Config Plugins, the error will come up in the same "10 seconds" after enabling it. Its probably something extremely stupid in their plugin code

How old of a version did you try?
    Did you try something like 3.042.020?

If you start Mach3 with no files at all in the plugin folder, do you still get the error message? ( I know your machine won't work this way.)
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Sam,

I went with the Leafboy77 board. Leafboy77 - Home It has a shift key quirk though, where if you use the shift key during jog, it will sometimes "stick". With Mach3 running, press the tab key and the MPG will come up. There is a percent of speed setting that I have set at 5%, but when I press the shift key and an arrow key, I can move at full speed. I use the 5% with my edge finder to bring it in slowly to the part.

Another note about your board. Something I absolutely despised, was jogging. If you press left arrow, the machine would move. At the same time press the up arrow. The machine moves. At the same time press the page down button, the machine moves. You have all three axes moving at the same time, nice!. But if you were to let go of one of the buttons, all the axes would stop. You would have to repress the one or two buttons in order to keep going. They said it was for safety reasons that it wasn't able to do a 1,2,3,2,1, jog routine. Safety Third is my motto.

ger21 When I delete all of the files I don't get the issue, really when I just don't use the xpod plugin it works like it should.

So I took my cnc cabinet home with a stepper motor and hooked it up to my home computer and I do NOT get the error message, it works as it should. Windows 7, 6 Core, 8 Gigs, SSD.

PW8697 what operating system were you using when you got the error message?
    Also are you sure that issue has to do with the motion controller? (Motion stops for all axes when you release a direction),
    Im going to look into that.

One more thing, what does the general "cnczone" population use for motion controllers? Where are the controllers that "just work" flawlessly at a fair price?

Running Windows 7.

As far as the motion stop, yes, it was due to the card. Specifically the tech support guy said it was for my "safety" that it stopped when a button was released, "we considered for your system safety, so we will stop jog moving when you release one arrow key."

Good question as far as the card. Be interesting to know.

Pete

Where are the controllers that "just work" flawlessly at a fair price?
    First, I've never used a motion controller with Mach3, so this info is all based on what I've read.

The most popular by far is the Smoothstepper. The Ethernet version is far superior.

The best ones are supposed to be the ones from CS Labs, but they are more expensive. Throw in the Hicon from Vital Systems. Supposed to also be good, but I think a smaller user base.

At the lower price range, the UC100 and UC300 from CNC Drive are rapidly gaining popularity. One benefit is that they also have their own software, UCCNC, which many are finding to be far superior to Mach3. It is missing a few features, and ids still pretty new though.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

If this helps anyone, I received the newest drivers/plugin from Automation Technology.

pw8697 I came up with an easy solution to that jog stop on button release safety annoyance. I am making a custom pendant with an arduino acting as a keyboard. In code, I will make it so when a jog direction is released it will then release all currently pressed jog directions (shortest amount of time depending on motion controller settings) then simply re send the currently pressed jog directions. Done

i can confirm that artcode 8877 means mach3 hid driver clash error,if you want to sovle this problem,please copy mach3mill.xml in the XHC-MK4 dirver disc .or close mach3 after you select new device.then open mach3 to set io and motor etc.,close mach3 again.if artcode 8877 still arising,please pull off all usb hid device,such as keyboard or mouse.i think everything will be ok again.

Hi guys
    I'm new in this field but I start loving it
    anyway, I'm computer programmer and faced a lot of buggy situations
    anyway, I just changed the Mach3Mill.xml file with another one from one of the downloads I got
    and it worked perfectly, i stopped receiving the Art Code: 8877 error
    but that the speed of the stepper may change when you press on the keyboard which is I think is another matter, but anyway, the error code disappeared.
    the only line that I added to the xml file is the default tag as you can see:
    <Control>
    <Device>NcUsbPod-XHC-Mach3-USB-Motion-Card</Device>
    <Default>1</Default>
    </Control>

save and reload the application
    I hope it solve problem for most of you

Page 1 of 2 12