585,605 active members*
3,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Can someone convert it to G-code for me ?

Can someone convert it to G-code for me ?

Dear guys I'm trying to design a new propeller with katia .I plan to mill it on my 3 axis CNC router but I have to do some exercise first .On the other hand I have not a 3D cam software . Can someone convert it to g-code for me ?

thanks in advance

Rceebuilder
    Attached Files Attached Files

I opened it up in two different programs, it looked like a football to me, I then had one of our engineers open it up in solidedge, it looked like a football in that too. Is that the shape you expected?

Yes it is a elipsoid . Can I mill it with 3D CNC router? By the way thanks for your interest .

Rceebuilder.

No it would have to be done on a 4th axis or in a lathe

rceebuilder is this ellipsoid needed for the prop? Like a nose cone or something? If so, and if you can get by with half of it you can machine it on your 3 axis, well assuming you have enough z movement and clearence.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

You can downoad the demo of MeshCAM and create the g-code yourself. www.meshcam.com
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by rceebuilder View Post
    Dear guys I'm trying to design a new propeller with katia .I plan to mill it on my 3 axis CNC router but I have to do some exercise first .On the other hand I have not a 3D cam software . Can someone convert it to g-code for me ?

thanks in advance

Rceebuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryCorlew View Post
    No it would have to be done on a 4th axis or in a lathe
    I'll have to agree with Gary on this. It can be done with a 3 Axis Machine but will require a few fixtures. This would be better off on a 4 Axis Mill or Multi-Tasking Lathe with Live Tooling.

BTW; katia = Catia, and what version are you running? Catia V5 Rocks the Machining World 10 Fold.

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com