586,013 active members*
4,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FRO & SSO Cancel?

Tom,

I am having an issue with the FRO on my lathe, if not set to 100% during a G32 the pitch is not correct on a thread. These are controlled through my .ini file are using analog pots. I did not find a G or M code to ignore the external override. I could include an IF statement in my .ini if I new when a G32 was called that would set this to 100%. Any suggestions? Currently using KMCNC 4.32a.

Thanks

Re: FRO & SSO Cancel?

That is exactly how it is supposed to work! FRO over-rides the feedrate, and nothing else. So, trying to thread with either FRO or SSO NOT set to 100% is simply not going to work, unless BOTH are set to the exact same value.

Regards,
    Ray L.

That is exactly how it is supposed to work! FRO over-rides the feedrate, and nothing else. So, trying to thread with either FRO or SSO NOT set to 100% is simply not going to work, unless BOTH are set to the exact same value.
    Ray,

Sorry but that is not how it is supposed to work. I should not have to worry about the position of my overrides when cutting a thread. Any machine will ignore where the pots are set at when performing a tapping or threading cycle. An M49 is the standard disable override and M48 is enable.

You have the option to make custom m codes in dynomotion. Maybe you can create one that sets fro and sso to 100%. Then modify your pp to output that code instead of m48 and m49. Just a suggestion.

Ben

Hi Epiphany,

As Ben suggested you might try creating an MCode as shown below. The idea would be to set a global flag that would disable any FRO changes from your Pot code (you would need to change your FRO Pot code to check this flag). It would then force the FRO to 1.0. If you add this MCode before your Threading GCode it should add the protection that I think you are looking for. At some point after Threading is complete you would want to clear the Flag with another MCode. There are probably other ways to clear the flag as well (ie whenever JOB_ACTIVE goes False).

I think SSO should still be allowed. That should not affect the thread pitch.

Code:
    #include "KMotionDef.h"

#define TMP 10 // which spare persist to use to transfer data
    #include "KflopToKMotionCNCFunctions.c"

main()
    {
    	SetBit(46);  // use this as a flag to prevent FeedRate Changes
    	DoPCFloat(PC_COMM_SET_FRO,1.0f);
    }
    HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Tom,

That"s the way I was headed just making sure it wasn't already handled elsewhere.

Thanks.