585,749 active members*
3,618 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > About to take the path pilot plunge, any advice?

About to take the path pilot plunge, any advice?

Ok, I am about to go from Mach to PP. I know there are many threads and videos to watch but I wanted to see if anyone could give me some heads up or comments as I start this process. I have a tormach controller and software. Just building up courage to jump into the pool.
    Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    Nathan

Re: About to take the path pilot plunge, any advice?

my upgrade went smoothly, except it for the not wanting to let go of the CD after it was over... guess my mill really likes PP?

overall I really prefer PP, it just seems better and or nicer in every possible way...

but I did have one minor issue... the whole arc radius too small thing that some have complained about.
    I tend to use 2 different CAM programs depending on what I am doing:
    Sprut7 - no problem with the arc thing.
    CamBam - had lots of mini arc's... until I fixed my post processor, now everything is flawless...(so far, so good at least)

Cad Rhino,

I am using it here, same problem as in the above post, other than that it works fine. It does throw more error messages than Mach but most wont affect running the program., I use Sprut 7. I have had some anomolies leaving the computer on all the time but even that hasnt affected how the program ran, it ran fine just the readout wasnt working, a reset and it was OK again.
    I have a Tig Machine with HF and a 5 hp compressor that may well be causing the computer anomolies.
    mike sr

I placed an order today. After carefully reading the documentation, I decided this would work well for me. Also it weathered the beta storm with few problems telling me its ready for prime time.

Thanks everyone. I am going to take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    Cad Rhino,

I am using it here, same problem as in the above post, other than that it works fine. It does throw more error messages than Mach but most wont affect running the program., I use Sprut 7. I have had some anomolies leaving the computer on all the time but even that hasnt affected how the program ran, it ran fine just the readout wasnt working, a reset and it was OK again.
    I have a Tig Machine with HF and a 5 hp compressor that may well be causing the computer anomolies.