585,926 active members*
3,669 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser tube problem or?

Hi,

Just got my first laser, a gweike 1390. I got the water running and tube connected but it wont fire (reci tube). I hear a small electric sound when I push laser, sounds like it comes from the plus-side of the tube. I have tried to move the magnet on the door switch but no difference. On the PSU the red diod lights up when i push laser and the fan is running. Don't see any colour of the tube either when pushing laser.
    Any ideas or suggestions?

Best regards,
    Mike

Re: Laser tube problem or?

It sounds like your tube may be arcing to the frame. Stop firing it until you get it fixed or you will ruin the power supply and possibly other components.
    You need to insulate the high voltage connection better with silicone or high voltage tape. Be careful because the tube is fragile at that connection.
    Gweike should help you out further. It's also possible that you could be arcing at the power supply end. Be careful, it's all very high voltage when firing.

Gozzie

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzie View Post
    It sounds like your tube may be arcing to the frame. Stop firing it until you get it fixed or you will ruin the power supply and possibly other components.
    You need to insulate the high voltage connection better with silicone or high voltage tape. Be careful because the tube is fragile at that connection.
    Gweike should help you out further. It's also possible that you could be arcing at the power supply end. Be careful, it's all very high voltage when firing.

Gozzie

Thanks Gozzie for the quick reply. I wait for the response from Gweike before proceeding.
    /Mike

Hello Mike
    Good day
    laser tube wont fire ,have as follow reason : ?
    1) First you can put a paper at the out laser port of laser tube , press" laser " at the laser screen , check if have laser out ? if no laser , maybe laser tube and laser supply power is bad either .
    the same time ,please also check amperemeter if have move when you press "laser" .
    2) if have laser out , please adjust laser mirror . it is ok .

Kind regards
    Frank
    AccTeck CNC
    Jinan AccTek Machinery Co., Ltd

Dear Mike
    Here is the video for test no laser ,hope it can help
    GWEIKE LASER test for no laser - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by _MI_ View Post
    Hi,

Just got my first laser, a gweike 1390. I got the water running and tube connected but it wont fire (reci tube). I hear a small electric sound when I push laser, sounds like it comes from the plus-side of the tube. I have tried to move the magnet on the door switch but no difference. On the PSU the red diod lights up when i push laser and the fan is running. Don't see any colour of the tube either when pushing laser.
    Any ideas or suggestions?

Best regards,
    Mike
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

[QUOTE=gweikelaser;1710402]Dear Mike
    Here is the video for test no laser ,hope it can help

Thanks Lucy for the video. Have not seen any cracks and the amp meter doesnt move. Will look into the other points.
    A question concering earth or ground of the machine. Here it is very common that we have ground/earth in our wall sockets. If you connect the Laser to a gounded/earthed wall outlet/socket. Do you still need to separate wire to ground/earth? And in that case, can that separate wire be connected to the wall socket ground/earth?

Best regards,
    Mike