585,974 active members*
4,458 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: digitizing

digitizing

anyone here have the documentation on setting up digitizing on a cent 6. I really only need the programing side of it...parameters and input programs.

I would like to see that info myself. Anybody?

nobody has a sampe input program or anything? I used to have the documentation 8-10 years ago but can't find it now...

well its been a year...would still like to know if anyone has the setup files and/or documentation for digitizing

any help would be great

I took a class on that around the late 90's We didn't use it much but if I remember correctly there was a digitizing macro in the control where you set the min/max x,y,z dimensions step over and the sort. Then you had a program with a point cloud and took that and put it in a pc and ran a program called Cam Jr which would look at the point cloud and sort the layers and such. It created something of a swept surface that could be DXF'd to a cam system. Lot of hoops to jump through but it worked. I don't know what they're using these days for stuff like that.
    Dave
    Schneider Machine
    A force of one

70cyclone

Milltronics has a program for scanning shallow surfaces called FastCam. I got it with my VM24 and MP11 Renishaw probe. It just sets up the max and min limits. All cent 6 machines can probe. If you are going to scan into tube shapes then I have a short piece of code I can share.It scans a circle from center and steps in or out creating a toolpath. I got it from Milltronics, It makes xyz data that can be back plotted in any cad cam.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by milltronicsmark View Post
    70cyclone

Milltronics has a program for scanning shallow surfaces called FastCam. I got it with my VM24 and MP11 Renishaw probe. It just sets up the max and min limits. All cent 6 machines can probe. If you are going to scan into tube shapes then I have a short piece of code I can share.It scans a circle from center and steps in or out creating a toolpath. I got it from Milltronics, It makes xyz data that can be back plotted in any cad cam.

Mark
    is there any way you can send me the macro files or any documentation you have? I have the probe and a VM17, I just need the documentation on setup. Any help would be great!

70 Cyclone

Check your private messages, hope this helps.

Do not post copyrighted material please.

If you have a Renishaw or some other make of probe and want to do surface scans for pattern or copy work you will need Fast Cam. My copy came with the instruction manual and floppies from Milltronics. The manual walks you thru the x-y step and peck distance and the z-max and min scan depths. It is real cool to watch when it is pecking at the part being scanned. The data file output is in x,y,z so any Cad Cam can back plot it from an ascii file or TXT file. If you want more info give Milltronics a call 952-442-1401.

Hope this helps.