585,764 active members*
3,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Zenbot 4848 CNC Router... A (4) axis is not working with y axis motor

Zenbot 4848 CNC Router... A (4) axis is not working with y axis motor

Hello,

I have a Zenbot 4848 CNC Router using Mach 3.

On this model there are two stepper motors to control the y-axis, (aka Y axis & A axis). If I take off the A axis stepper motor from the table I am able to control the machine just fine. However, the A axis motor is suppose to work in conjunction with Y axis motor. I can jog any motor in Mach 3 separately. If I leave the A axis stepper motor on the machine, the machine stalls in the y direction cause both the A axis stepper motor is not moving.

The CNC router is suppose to use both motors to move the gantry in the same direction (y axis).

Attached is a picture Port and Pins settings in Mach 3. Is there a change in the settings to make?

If the video works too, the A axis motor is sitting on the table to allow the gantry to move.

Thanks,

Re: Zenbot 4848 CNC Router... A (4) axis is not working with y axis motor

Hi --

Quote Originally Posted by spitz2015 View Post
    Hello,

I have a Zenbot 4848 CNC Router using Mach 3.

On this model there are two stepper motors to control the y-axis, (aka Y axis & A axis). If I take off the A axis stepper motor from the table I am able to control the machine just fine. However, the A axis motor is suppose to work in conjunction with Y axis motor. I can jog any motor in Mach 3 separately. If I leave the A axis stepper motor on the machine, the machine stalls in the y direction cause both the A axis stepper motor is not moving.

The CNC router is suppose to use both motors to move the gantry in the same direction (y axis).

Attached is a picture Port and Pins settings in Mach 3. Is there a change in the settings to make?

If the video works too, the A axis motor is sitting on the table to allow the gantry to move.

Thanks,
    Are you using the Zenbot provided XML profile file for the 48" machine? The screen shot shows mach3mill which may have been inadvertently loaded when you started Mach3 or perhaps you have renamed your Zenbot profile. Just checking.

--Rich

Yeah, I honestly figured out what I was doing wrong. I simply did not load up the XML file in Mach Loader from Zenbot. I should've paid closer attention to the instructions.

Great! Glad you got it resolved.

--Rich