585,605 active members*
3,136 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Moldmaking > Aluminium Die Casting Mould

Aluminium Die Casting Mould

Hi,

I got a pressure die casting machine for 250 ton clamping force and it can make a part upto 2.5Kg in weight in single shot.

I want to make a test mould for it i need help in making some simple shape mould like gokart wheel hub.

What type of steel to start with I heard "H13" I need some refrence book or document to tell how to calculate mould size as compared to part dimensions , shrinkage, water cooling holes etc etc.

I got my cnc working and this will be my first effort for the mould.

Regards.

Ahmed

Die cast mold

First We need to know what material you would like to mold. The Shrink is based on that. As I remember Aluminum shrink was .022 inch per inch but I need to confirm that before using it.

I sample modeled a rim and got a weight of .5 KG so that size is quite small from my design. Gates add size very quickly so don't forget this in your caculations.

Water lines... this is quite the subject, In short you want to cool the part by adding evenly spaced lines around the entire cavity. NONE closer or FURTHER away from the cavity, even consistent distance is a simple key in water lines. After this and again simple explanation here, you want to cool the mass of the mold steel in your case H13 "Steel". Most mistakes are to try to cool the molded part or to get the water closer to the cavity and away from the steel. If you get closer or further from any wall of the cavity you are molding you are going to have problems.

H13 is a excellent steel for fairly long runs, I would first cut into "REN-wood" untill you get a good tool path, because of costs.

Hi Ahmed
    From where u r belong? Its not so difficult but tell about u, r u working on some CAD/CAM? what machine (cnc) u have? how much qty u required to produce?? etc etc. May I can help u (inshallah)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    Hi Ahmed
    From where u r belong? Its not so difficult but tell about u, r u working on some CAD/CAM? what machine (cnc) u have? how much qty u required to produce?? etc etc. May I can help u (inshallah)
    I have 3 CNC milling machines and 1 CNC lathe we have BOBCAD software CNC we have retrofitted with MACH3 cnc control. You can check on our web : www.technocrafts.com

As we are beginner in this field So your guidance will surly help us.

Ahmed

Call Me

AOA
    Its M Farooq Cheema here. I read your msg but its qute old one. Anyhow if someone or anyone needs help, assistance or something related to Dies and Molds Design. You ppl can calme directly at 00923214495545. Im a designer and having CNC Machines and other Design facilities as well using CAD CAM softwares. Currently dealing things as Managing Partner of a Services Providing Company. It would be an honour to assist someone feeling problems!

Best Regards