585,922 active members*
3,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > spindle not correct rpm and surging

spindle not correct rpm and surging

I am looking at buying a 93 vmc40 and it seems like a good machine other than it was not giving the correct rpm for what was commanded, and the spindle surged on and off. Is this a big issue, or still something not worth completely ruling out the machine for. It is at auction, so I only had today to view the machine, and it ends in a couple of days. Looking for a smaller vmc for the garage.

thanks all in advance

Re: spindle not correct rpm and surging

Also, does anyone know the minimum height needed to get the machine in through? I did a quick measure, and could not get a real accurate measurement, but looks like if I take off the z servo, I could get by maybe with 83"? I have 83.5" in my attached garage (preferred location), but will put it in my detached if not, but there is no driveway to that garage, so not sure how the riggers will deal with driving on lawn with a forklift, or if that is really an option.

Hi billsnogo, I just bought a 2005 2040 with a 28 Z . I was able to just slide it through a standard hight garage door of 83 1/2. I put 1/4 plastic sheet down and pushed it in with a forklift. I know that they are not the same machine but you could compare them. There is some really good documents on the web. I had to take the pads off and the Z servo and drop the tool changer down. When I say "just" I mean that it rubbed just so slightly. I don't know much about your machine but I fighured I would share what I do know. Good luck.

As Tonto indicated, you will have to take the z servo loose and lay on side. Make sure to mark coupler. You will also have to unbolt the cable chains and lay them on there side. It will just clear 84". I think going across lawn will be bigger issue, You would need an off road lift truck that can safely lift 6000#. Or lay down some steel plates or maybe boards for the lift truck to transverse the lawn.

Thanks for your help guys, lost out on the auction, so I need to keep looking.....

Not a problem. I'm glad I could give back finally. No sure if you have ever bought a machine like this befor but there is a lot of things that go hand and hand. I just bought my machine last month and it's the first cnc machine I have ever bought. I done a ton of research on it through this forum and others and I thought I was perpared. I can tell you frist hand there are a lot of things that I thought wasn't going to cost to much end up costing a ton. If you have any questions on anything let me know and I'm sure I can get you in the ball park on what you need and cost.

They'll be another one. Yes, great point about sliding machines on chunks of UHMW plastic. If anyone needs any I have tons of the stuff, literally lying around the shop and its indispensable for rigging. Dig the leveling points into it and pull or push away.