585,902 active members*
5,159 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Century 82050 Question

Hi Guys, newbie here...be gentle...:-)

I have the machine listed in the title and I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is a contact start machine or HF?

Thanks,

Alan

Welcome..you can found that info on the internet....it's not a high frequency unit.....

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTX View Post
    Welcome..you can found that info on the internet....it's not a high frequency unit.....
    Thanks Viper, I did research elsewhere first, but the info. was a bit sparse.

Another question while have anyone's attention.

Not being HF makes this machine suitable for CNC use I'm assuming from what I'm told....however, it seems to have a time delay when you re-squeeze the trigger which obviously wont do for CNC use. How is this dealt with? I'd imagine there is a simple solution?

Thanks,

Alan

Well if the delay can be measured then you should be able to delay before the start of your cut. What I would be concerned about is the 20% duty cycle...I certainly would not want to exceed that....for CNC you'll need to have a continuous cut....otherwise.....well you know...

The problem with just sticking in a delay of X seconds is that you will have to delay for the worst case (meaning where the tip is cold and air is not flowing). The delay can be anywhere from .5 sec to 2 sec on most torches.

That is the whole concept of developing an "Arc Good" signal. Only higher end torches have that signal accessable. With our THC units we include a current sense unit that develops that signal on any plasma torch and feeds it back to the software to hold motion until you have extablished an arc....no matter how long or how short it may be.

Tom Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com