584,866 active members*
5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinise 40w laser troubles

Hi everybody,

i'm new here...please be kind..

i have a Chinise 40w laser, it was working with no problems yesterday but i came to use it today and it doesnt behave. It would go to home and will go home no matter where i manually move the head to. It wont accept any jobs to cut/engrave, when i send a job it started by saying the maching wasn't connected I changed the USB ports, used a different cable and then used a different computer but it still wont accept any job. It doesnt give any error message at all, the computer thinks its sent and the laser doesnt react. I've disconnected every connector and cleaned everything that I can. There is no sign of any damage to either the graphics card, power or any cable or connector.

i can't say i'm tremendously technically minded but I'm not entirely nieve either. The only reason I'm not nieve is that eight months ago I forgot the turn the water on for a long time and blew the tube. I incorrectly fitted a new tube which shorted and blew (set on fire) the graphics card/motherboard and blew the power supply so I have replaced vertually everything! ...and learnt very important lessons and added water flow device

my first thoguts are to replace the mother board again as the USB port could be damaged but thats my only idea...i do hope someone has some words of advice

thanks for your time everyone

robert

Re: Chinise 40w laser troubles

Hi Rob
    Do you have the USB pen supplied with the cutter in and working?

Thanks for commenting, yes the pendrive is in and I've changed the port its in and tried it in two other computers too.

I've been looking closely at the laser heard since my first post and have found a new 6 pin ribbon cable pushed in to a crevice above the stepper motor and the home stop switch. My current guess is the way that cable was shoved in to a small hole could have snapped a wire inside it and its been waiting a year for just the rigt move for it to come out of place. I've just ordered a new cable so will see if it works later in the week.

If this fixes it i'll add a walkthrough with photos here. I found this forum searching for a fix so this could help someone else.

Thanks

Robert

I wouldn't have thought the endstop cable could cause issues with the board not connecting, but who knows with these cutters

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic69 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought the endstop cable could cause issues with the board not connecting, but who knows with these cutters
    I've removed the cable and it does have some parts of exposed inner wireing and might have a break in one of the wires when i hold it up to the light. Now i've seen what the cable does - I hadn't removed it when i last posted - i'm doubtful it'd be the cause but fingers crosed...

Hi everyone,

I just thought i'd update this thread now i have resolved the problem...seems only polite.

I went through all the cabling and it was ok so i figured it has to be the mother board, more specifically i thought it was the USB port but i'm not competent to be ablet to solder a new one on to it. I was left to buy a new Lihuiyu Studio Labs M2 mother board for £64. It was delivered pretty quickly and in good condition. However, they sent me the "Nano" version, which has a printer to USB connection and the four pronged power connector instead of the six of the normal board so had to re-wire that and it is smaller so doesnt fit on the normal mounting screws but that'll be easy to fix. Now I have a laser machine that does work and is smoother running than it used to be.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0000 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just thought i'd update this thread now i have resolved the problem...seems only polite.

I went through all the cabling and it was ok so i figured it has to be the mother board, more specifically i thought it was the USB port but i'm not competent to be ablet to solder a new one on to it. I was left to buy a new Lihuiyu Studio Labs M2 mother board for £64. It was delivered pretty quickly and in good condition. However, they sent me the "Nano" version, which has a printer to USB connection and the four pronged power connector instead of the six of the normal board so had to re-wire that and it is smaller so doesnt fit on the normal mounting screws but that'll be easy to fix. Now I have a laser machine that does work and is smoother running than it used to be.

Regards
    Hi I have same issue Replacing the board with the Nano new version.
    Could you tell me How did you rewire the cutter. It seems that every connector is same except that in new version there is one connector with 4 prongs replacing 6 prongs in the old one?
    In new version they removed 1 5V prong and 1 ground prong. My guess I should connect both ground wires in to the one Ground prong. Conne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled 1.jpg  

Hello. Can you tell me how you replaced the M2 card with M2Nano? Faced the same problem (((

I've sent you a PM in reply. It's as described below with the images - which I'm sure is simpler than my PM. I mounted it on one screw and then the other side rests just inside the nut and thread of the opposite side. The other two fixing points aren't used - it just floats and i'm aware it can move but it never has.

Excuse me, I have the same problem, I need to update to a m2: 9 nano card, but I can not get it to work well horizontally
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LASER LIHUIYU.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	419743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LASER LIHUIYU.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	419743