584,874 active members*
5,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > PIC Programing / Design > Pic based servo motor drive

Pic based servo motor drive

Hi,

I have started working on Pic based servo motor driver to interface with MACH 2/3 software the PIC will take input from Mach as step and direction and compare it with encoder pulses. It will generate pwm output to drive bridge for servo motor .I want to keep it simple as the motor tunning is done through Mach software. Pic will be 18F452 or 458.

Ahmed

can anyone help me for how make interface circuit between mach3 and dc servo motor with 3-axes mill machine?

Quote Originally Posted by newton View Post
    can anyone help me for how make interface circuit between mach3 and dc servo motor with 3-axes mill machine?
    Well its not polite to hijack a thread, and maybe the question was not properly formulated.
    There is a Break Out Board (BOB) which is the interface between the PCs parallel port that is used to pass STEP/DIR signals to the Drive Module which will spin the servos aided by the encoders which signal the servo position back to the Drive (closed loop system)

Now back to the PIC servo drive thread.

Konstantin.

thanks for intersted and replying me
    i know bob , i read this pdf but
    first :i can't find it in my country
    second: i have to do this circuit , it's my graduated project and my doctor 'll refuse this Suggestion

Motor tuning can't be done in Mach and have a system that responds quickly without oscillating.
    For more information take a look at the Elm controller thread in the opensource forum.

Are you an EE or an ME?

Aaron

thanks for help
    i'm a mechatronics engineering

My Viper servo drive is a Pic based servo drive, so is the Rutex.
    It took be about 8 months to get it perfected.

http://www.larkencnc.com/viper/index.shtml

Allegro Micro has some good app notes and data sheets for stepper and DC motor drives.

www.allegromicro.com