584,837 active members*
5,570 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Toyoda FV 65

Toyoda FV 65

I am no machinist but I have always had an interest. I recently had a tenant move out and they are wanting to possibly leave behind this Toyoda FV65. I am just wondering is this machine worth anything, or worth my time trying to learn how to run it. I know this is probably a silly question I am just putting it out there. Please be gentle LOL

Re: Toyoda FV 65

Back in the day Toyoda was one of the high end of the CNC markets. However, this machine probably has a Fanuc series 15MA CNC on it. These were popular in the late 80's early 90's. So machine is pretty old. If the machine wasn't abused too badly the iron may still be OK. Fanuc will still support the controller. Toyoda is still in business so you ought to still be able to get parts for it. You need someone to check it out with a Ball Bar to verify the integrity of the machine. If it passes the Ball Bar, and it doesn't cost you nothing I say keep it. If it doesn't pass the Ball Bar you can dump some money into it and still end up with a half way descent machine. If I were in your shoes, I would keep it.

It does have the Fanuc 15A, I'm not sure what year the machine is, it does look well used but I know the previous owner was using it. I also know this is a question that I need more details to ask but do you have any idea of its value?

Johnny,

If you want to know the value of the machine, call a used equipment dealer and ask. Try Perfection Machinery or one of the millions of others.