585,759 active members*
4,129 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    What do you mean by not working? Do you face the same problem with me and Coleng or something else? Was you machine working in the past?

bear08 :
    are you 110v or 220v?
    I hoped demonstrates my cnc,laser and model
    www.modelcn.cn

I am at 220V.

hello

I just received a wk40 laser engraver. I loaded the software "Newlydraw" but when I go to run it, I get the error "No USB Key". Does anyone have any idea how to help?

Also, how can I test to see if the laser tube is good, or if it was damaged during shipment? I get no reading on the amp meter.

Best regards,

John

You have to own a usb key for newlydraw. Most of the times it is shipped with the software.

newly draw

Thanks for the information on the USB key. I bought the machine used and it did not come with the key. Any idea where I can get this key, or if other software is available for use with the wk40 laser engraver?

Thank you.

Hi jdaniels,
    Is it possible to have a photo of your wk40 operator panel (right hand cover) just to confirm?

I have one of the same model and maybe i can help you out.

thank you coleong

attached is a photo of the panel. I hope I uploaded it correctly so you can see it. the machine is definitely a wk40 laser engraver (says this on the upper left of the panel you asked me to photo). There is an amp meter next to the words wk40, and then a power setting knob.

your assistance if very much appreciated.

best regards,

john
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wk40.jpg  

Hi John,

Sorry i had to confirm first that you have the correct model with the photo

What is the required voltage for your wk40? - 110 or 220 vac? check first

Connect the water pump and make sure the water is flowing into the tube.
    If you do not do the above procedure and turn on the laser first, most probably you will have a cracked laser tube.

1. switch on the laser (red button)

2. press the laser test button - the ammeter should move, if it does not turn the knob clockwise a few turns. Press the laser test button again note the ampmeter - is there a reading now.
    If you have a reading, good news - laser tube should be working

Let me know after you have check the above

Thank you for your continued assistance. I'm using 110 volts.

I followed your procedure precisely three times and did not get a reading on the amp meter. Even with many turns of the power knob, I get just a very slight nudge of the needle, nothing on the amp scale, when the red laser power button is toggled on and the green laser test button is pressed. I have a degree in engineering and have used meters before. I also very carefully powered the machine on with the panel up and saw two red LEDs lit up on the sidewall PCB, and one lit up on the large PCB on the base. With the power off and plug out of the wall, I inspected the laser tube and did not see any noticable cracks (of course, the slightest crack would be a problem).

It appears that in addition to not having received the USB key, I may have a bad laser tube.

The machine seems to be in new condition, and when powered up I can see and hear the stepper motors initializing. Any way to confirm that I have a bad laser tube and not some other circuit element, and if I do have a bad tube, can it be replaced (and the software problem corrected)?

Thanks,

John

Hi john,

I ask about the 110 or 220 volt is that i hope you get the correct voltage version for your country.
    One way to check is look at the transformer on the board with the transformer (mounted on the left with two LED), the voltage of the transformer is indicated on the marking on the surface of it.

If the 2 led is lighted up it means you have 24v and 5v which is okay you can check the correct voltage with a multimeter. note there is some marking on the pcb, the 0v is at both side (end) of the 6 pin connector.

The led on the laser power board (one led) should be on which is ok.

The stepper should be ok since it can reference when power is switched on.
    you can recheck by mannually moving the motor to the middle by hand when switched off.
    Then switch it on, the motor will then move to the reference point.

Lastly you can open up the back cover and check just to confirm, when laser power is on and the test button is press there should be a purple light on the tube.
    if you have light when the test button is pressed, the problem could just be misalignment of the mirrors.

Thanks again. I have a 110 v in / 220 v out transformer, v in coming from the 110 house voltage, so that is OK. I didn't get a meter on to check the voltages you mentioned, but the LEDs are lighting.

However, I am not getting any glow in the laser tube.

Any suggestions on confirming I have a bad tube?

If I do have a bad tube, any suggestions on where I can find a replacement and where I can get the driving software.

Best regards,

John

Is it possible for you to short the laser on wires on the back of the right cover just to confirm the switch is okay. Switch on power to check.

Check the potentialmeter under the knob - approx 1000 ohm for proper functioning

Basically the laser power board and the tube is consider one module and such should be check as a set.
    The low voltage power supply (24v & 5v) and the stepper control as the second set.

Do you hear a high frequency sound when the laser test button is pressed?

Boy, thank you very much for sticking with me on this!!

I will try measuring the pot and checking the switch tomorrow and let you know the results. I do not hear any sound when I test the laser.

I am getting the USB key from the seller, so the software should not be an issue anymore.

Best regards,

John

Regards from Spain.

Ufffff...........I just bought a HX-40 yesterday ( I'm waiting for the little machine from China). I hope everything runs well. By the way, how much did you pay for the machine?

Bye

Dario

$1800 on e-bay. How much is it new?

800$ plus airmail. Total amount about 1220$, 1000 euros.
    Anyway, 1800$ is a very good price. I have quotation of 3000$ for the same machine. I don't know why this company sold me so cheap

Quote Originally Posted by coleong View Post
    Hi vanton,

We have the same internal spare parts, i will let you know my modification after it is done.

Hopefully they will send me the information by this week.
    Hi coleong have you received any information for your dealer? Have you had any success with the "half engraving area" problem?
    Thank you

Hi Vanton, received the info but the most important info is not correct.

Now i have removed the table for checking and found the space is a bit small for the modification and might void the warranty.

I will post again after i purchase the necessary parts and have done it sucessfully.

Driver for WK40

hello

I just received a wk40 laser engraver. I loaded the software "Newlydraw" but when I go to run it, I get the error "No USB Key". Does anyone have any idea how to help?

Page 2 of 3 123