585,973 active members*
4,237 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Transfering MCX4 tools to MCX7

Transfering MCX4 tools to MCX7

I thought I had it figured out. I copied from my MCX4 tool file, and pasted it into the MCX7 tool file. Worked for just bring them over, but can not save new tools. If I try to save a new tool, it says "This version of Mastercam cannot save to versions prior to X6. Please select a different version or file type." So I figured I could just rename the tool file to .tooldb, instead of .TOOLS. But when I do that, there are no longer any tools in that file.

Hope I said any of this right. Just frustrated that I cant save new tools to my MCX4 tools.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Transfering MCX4 tools to MCX7

try this
    - in X4 use the "Export to text file" function (when in the tool manager) .... you can read/write in that text file with any ASCII editor ie Cimco, Notepad etc,,,, ie T#'s, feeds, speeds, coolant. pecks etc.....( study the format layout at the top of file....can be a little tricky )
    but if you put the time into editing it, it would be worth it. ( ie. calling up a tool with the speeds/feeds/coolant set to ON , means half your problems are already populated)

- then in X7 create a tool file, & then "Import a text file", it may even allow to "Save as" as a .Dbtool file