585,727 active members*
4,122 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Ip/tcp

Ip/tcp

Maybe someone can help me out in here
    Just recently this started to happen. When ever I load up my cad program I get a windows message. IP/TCP not configured and it knocks me out
    Does anybody know what that means

Need more info.

IP/TCP is your internet protocol. Is your program attempting to go online?
    Al

what is your CAD Program? What Operating System? Do you use dial up or a broadband connection?
    My name is Electric Nachos. Sorry to impose, but I am the ocean.
    http://www.bryanpryor.com

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

You can try to disable your NIC so the app will not try to find your TCP\IP settings. If this will not work just configure your NIC (network (interface) card). The settings can be found by your network connections (Under 2000/ XP). Select your network connection en use your right mouse button to get to the properties. Here you will get a list of protocols including TCP/IP. If you select TCP/IP en click on properties you will get some settings like the IP address and gateway.

Good Luck!

P.S.

Sorry for my bad English

It's basically looking for an Internet connection... probably a little route in the CAD program to collect statistics, or validate authorization.

You can add the IP protocol (which comes with both TCP, UDP and more), without actually plugging in the network cable.

If you don't have a network card in that machine, you *should* be able to add a loop-back device. In Unixes this is device "lo" with an IP of 127.0.0.1... In windows you can force a loop back device by adding new hardware, manually specify a new device of type Networking, select Microsoft as the vendor, and Microsoft loopback adapter as the device. The stupid windows networking won't let you give it the standard loopback address of 127.0.0.1, so you can give it a different non routable address (like 10.0.0.1).

That should passify your CAD program, although it might then give you error about not being able to connect to home base.